Khaleda gets 6-month bail in Cumilla case
Published: 12:12 PM, 6 March 2019 Updated: 12:16 PM, 6 March 2019
The High Court has given bail to BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia for six months in a case filed under the Explosive Substances Act over the arson attack with Chauddagram Police Station in Cumilla.
A double bench of the High Court comprising Justice AKM Asaduzzaman and Justice SM Mujibur Rahman granted the bail on Wednesday.
Advocate Khandaker Mahbub Hossain and AJ Mohammad Ali were present on behalf of the petition in the court. And Attorney General Mahbubey Alam was present for the state.
It is noted that eight people were killed and at least 20 others injured in a petrol bomb attack on a bus at Jogmohanpur in Chouddagramupazila on February 3, 2015, during the BNP-led alliance’s movement.
Chauddagram Police Station Sub-Inspector Nuruzzaman filed the case with the plaintiff. Khaleda Zia was made the main accused in the case.
Later, DB Police Inspector Firoz Hossain submitted a charge sheet to the District and Sessions Judge Court of Cumilla against 69 people after further investigation.
On February 4, the Cumilla court rejected Khaleda’s bail. Then on February 27, Khaleda Zia appealed for bail in the High Court. On March 5, the hearing on the petition ended.
- Ben Ali: The autocrat’s anomie lit-up Arab Spring
- Singer Aaron Carter raped by older sister
- Nusrat-Mimi dance for Durga Puja theme song
- Google to invest 3 bin euros in Europe
- Bangladesh pays hotel fare for Zim team
- Modi highly ambitious over India-US ties amid UNGA visit
- Polio outbreak in Philippines
- 24 Rohingyas detained in Ctg
- Operations will be conducted in Chattogram too: Minister
- BIMOX 2nd edition expo-2019 begins
- ICMAB holds talks on sustainability, global reporting initiatives
- Masakadza wins Zimbabwe in outing match
- 9 m babies born in unrest part of world last yr
- RAB surrounds 3 more clubs in city
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- U-23 India series: Bangladesh lost to host by 34 runs
- PM leaves for NY to join UNGA
- Arjun Kapoor trolls Alia Bhatt
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president Shafiqul detains
- Zim’s captain to farewell intl cricket
- Salman leaps with joy as Katrina sets IIFA 2019 stage on fire
- Why Srabanti suddenly in Dhaka?
- SBMC under teacher crisis
- Zimbabwe inept to pay hotel rent!
- World’s ‘smallest’ mosque located in Bangladesh!
- RAB surrounds Kalabagan Krira Chakra
- Afghanistan wins toss, opts to bat
- Supreme Court to rule next week on UK parliament suspension
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test tomorrow
- Elephant panic on Bakshiganj border
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- DU admission test begins
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight