Keep glassware shiny following these ways
Health & Lifestyle Desk daily-bangladesh.com
Published: 09:13 PM, 24 September 2020
Glassware does not remain shiny as it used to be after purchase. Glass loses its luster because it is not cleaned with a suitable cleaner. Here are some techniques to follow to clean glassware-
- Before cleaning the glass, it is better to wipe it with a soft cotton cloth. Then it is better to spray the glass cleaner and wipe it with a thin cloth.
- Do not clean the glass with ordinary soap. It is better to use glass cleaner or liquid soap. They are useful for cleaning glassware. Rough and uneven scrubbers should not be used in dishes. There is a risk of cracks in the dishes.
- To remove oil from glassware, it can be dipped in a little hot water mixed with lemon water. Then clean with a nylon scrubber to get the benefits. Then wipe with a soft cotton cloth to make it shiny.
- You can mix vinegar and water to make a cleaning solution. Use four parts of water and one-part white vinegar. Pour the water and vinegar in a bowl. You can pour the solution in a spray bottle if you wish to spray it onto the glass surface.
- You should clean the corners with a cotton swab. You can use a cotton swab, or an old, soft toothbrush to clean the corners of the glass window. Dip the cotton swab or toothbrush into the cleaning solution. Scrub the corners of the glass where dirt or dust may have gathered.
- Create a paste with baking soda and water. Pour a half or a full cup of baking soda into a bowl. Add in only enough water to create a paste that resembles the consistency of shaving cream. Spread the paste over the oven glass. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes.