Kamal & his followers` politics on brink to ruination: Quader
Published: 10:21 PM, 2 March 2019
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today said destructive politics of Dr Kamal Hossain and his followers are now on the brink of ruination.
“Disguised and destructive politics of Dr Kamal Hossain and his followers have marked one step forward towards ruination. Electoral history enunciates that those who would boycott elections would definitely face the political fate of isolation from the people,” he said.
Quader came up with the remarks at a press conference at AL President’s political office in the city’s Dhanmondi area. His remarks followed a statement made by Jatiya Oaikyofront leader Dr Kamal Hossain.
“We have to overcome some mistakes and shortcomings before institutionalizing the democracy completely. The democracy will take institutional shape holding elections one after another,” he said.
AL Office Secretary Dr Abdus Sobhan Golap and central executive committee member SM Kamal Hossain were present at the press conference, among others.
Speaking about the immediate past by-polls to Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) mayoral post, the AL general secretary said presence of the voters was low due to inclement weather on the election day. But turnout increased in the afternoon when weather improved, Quader added.
The minister asked those, who are out to spread slander about the DNCC polls, to observe the coming Upazila Parishad election by visiting different areas.
Referring to BNP regime, he said, “Sadek Hossain Khoka was elected mayor of the Dhaka City Corporation unopposed just after the national polls in 2001. Then, the people were barred to submit nomination papers for contesting the election”.
The AL general secretary added: “But there were no obstacles during this mayoral election. BNP could submit nomination papers. We did not bar anyone from contesting the national and local government elections”.
- Kurigram Freedom Day tomorrow
- Storm over new black hole issue
- China to invest $9.11m in Adamjee EPZ
- Portugal resists US appeal to bar Huawei from 5G network bid
- Anyone can donate kidney on humanitarian ground: HC
- Gazipur spinning mill fire doused
- ICAB arranges programme on business leadership
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- House will draft Trump impeachment articles, Pelosi says
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- DMP detained 49 in anti-narcotics drive
- ‘Government will take legal action against chaos in court’
- 9 killed in India’s Madhya Pradesh
- College girl dies in Gazipur train accident
- ACC recovers 125 sacks of rice in Cumilla
- E-Passport to be introduced on Dec 15: Momen
- 50 Yrs of naming ‘Bangladesh`
- Vice chairman’s three-storey house demolished
- 2 arrested with firearms in Rupganj
- 1 in 8 afford out for nutritious diet: Report
- 4 killed in Poland gas blast, 4 missing
- Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka
- NBR’s extensive prog to observe VAT DAY, VAT Week
- Do not waste the environment in courtroom; says CJ
- Youth killed at in-law’s house after love-marriage
- Suhrawardy`s death anniv observed
- AG minister wants to export agricultural products
- Fire in Tongi factory: 11-unit firefighter to douse
- Accused dies in court praying for bail
- Bridges on Bhola-Barishal route by 2025
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Singer Asif turns actor
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Trump signs Hong Kong human rights act
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- PM opens 4 dev schemes incl 5 new ships
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight