Kader Siddique and his daughter submitted nomination papers
Published: 09:04 PM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 09:04 PM, 28 November 2018
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Krishak Sramik Janata League President and one of the top leader of Jatiya Oikayafront Bangabir Kader Siddique and his daughter Kuri Siddique have submitted the nomination papers from Tangail-8 (Sakhipur-Basail) constituency.
They submitted their nomination papers on the last day of the nomination papers on Wednesday afternoon at the office of Sakhipur UNO and Assistant Returning Officer Aminur Rahman in Tangail.
In response to a question from journalists about submitting their nomination papers in the same seat, Kader Siddique said that the nomination papers have been submitted for the purpose of scrutinizing the documents.
He said, “I also paid a considerable amount of money to the bank. As long as this government is there, there will be various discussions about my election. Even then, if the government does not do anything about it, it does not matter.”
“Even if the government discard my nomination papers, then my daughter, Kuri Siddiqui, will contest as a candidate of the Jatiya Oikyafront,” said the leader.
He also said that this year’s election is the establishment of rule of law and the restoration of democracy and voting rights. He expressed his hope that the election will be free and fair.
At the time, Tangail District Krishak Sramik Janata League Vice-President Abdul Halim Sarker, Upazila Committee President Atoar Rahman, General Secretary Mir Zulfikar Shamim, Local BNP founder Sheikh Mohammed Habib were present.
District Awami League General Secretary Advocate Zahirul Islam, Joint Secretary of the Jatiya Party Kazi Ashraf Siddiqui and NGO Affairs Secretary Rezaul Karim of the party, president of the upazila committee of Islamic Movement of Bangladesh, Maulana Abdul Latif Mia, Independent candidate Liaquat Ali submitted the nomination papers.
- President for utilising scouting to serve nation
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- 50pc of state-run entities funds to deposit in private banks
- Argentine goalkeeper Romero faces a road accident
- Mymensingh-Chattogram train services resume
- Google chief urges ‘proportionate’ AI regulation
- Female officer slapped BJP leader (video)
- Youth held with marijuana in Satkhira
- Youth sentenced to life imprisonment in Rajbari
- ACC drives at KMCH
- 40 teenagers detained from park in Jashore
- Woman killed, 16 injured in Joypurhat road crash
- 33 promoted to District Judges
- `Wife murder`, Fahmi again discussed in media!
- Total print media 3165, one state-owned
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 4 detained with drugs in separate drives
- To get bright skin use rose water
- Praveen Kumar tried to commit suicide
- Moslem Uddin takes oath as MP
- 11 gamblers detained with 2 crores rupees
- Hand bombs blasted in Noakhali
- HC stays Primary recruitment test result of 14 districts
- Youth wants Mir’s daughter number!
- Miller encourages voters to cast votes
- Science-Technology Fair begins in Adamdighi
- 3 brother detained for stabbing elder
- RAB detained 4 robbers in Capital
- After 5 Tk’s food students getting toilet
- Conflict of authority hampers academic process
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- DU expels 63 students for life
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Mashrafe playing despite 14 stitches in hand
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- DNCC, DSCC polls: No motorcycle ply for 72 hrs