Kader Siddique and his daughter submitted nomination papers
Published: 09:04 PM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 09:04 PM, 28 November 2018
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Krishak Sramik Janata League President and one of the top leader of Jatiya Oikayafront Bangabir Kader Siddique and his daughter Kuri Siddique have submitted the nomination papers from Tangail-8 (Sakhipur-Basail) constituency.
They submitted their nomination papers on the last day of the nomination papers on Wednesday afternoon at the office of Sakhipur UNO and Assistant Returning Officer Aminur Rahman in Tangail.
In response to a question from journalists about submitting their nomination papers in the same seat, Kader Siddique said that the nomination papers have been submitted for the purpose of scrutinizing the documents.
He said, “I also paid a considerable amount of money to the bank. As long as this government is there, there will be various discussions about my election. Even then, if the government does not do anything about it, it does not matter.”
“Even if the government discard my nomination papers, then my daughter, Kuri Siddiqui, will contest as a candidate of the Jatiya Oikyafront,” said the leader.
He also said that this year’s election is the establishment of rule of law and the restoration of democracy and voting rights. He expressed his hope that the election will be free and fair.
At the time, Tangail District Krishak Sramik Janata League Vice-President Abdul Halim Sarker, Upazila Committee President Atoar Rahman, General Secretary Mir Zulfikar Shamim, Local BNP founder Sheikh Mohammed Habib were present.
District Awami League General Secretary Advocate Zahirul Islam, Joint Secretary of the Jatiya Party Kazi Ashraf Siddiqui and NGO Affairs Secretary Rezaul Karim of the party, president of the upazila committee of Islamic Movement of Bangladesh, Maulana Abdul Latif Mia, Independent candidate Liaquat Ali submitted the nomination papers.
- HC orders to remove date-expired drugs
- ‘Mayabati’ gets uncut clearance
- Heat weave may abate
- Probe body formed over DIG Mizan’s graft scandal
- ‘Systemic failure’ prevents strategy over Rohingya crisis
- Snake farming in Bangladesh
- Southern China earthquake kills 12, injures 134
- Khaleda Zia gets bail in two defamation cases
- Egyptian ex-leader Morsi buried in Cairo
- Probe report submission deferred again
- Indian magician drowns attempting Houdini trick
- PM greets tigers
- ‘I am happy that we are still in World Cup’
- Brazil to face Venezuela early tomorrow
- Last phase voting in 20 UZs underway
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- JS budget session begins today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament