Kader Khan in hospital, his son dismisses death rumours
Published: 10:08 AM, 31 December 2018 Updated: 10:08 AM, 31 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Veteran Bollywood actor Kader Khan has been admitted to a hospital in Canada, said his son Sarfaraz dismissing media reports of his demise.
“It is all a lie. It (is) just a rumour. My father is in the hospital,” Sarfaraz told Indian media.
The 81-year-old actor has developed breathing issues and the doctors have reportedly transferred him from regular ventilator to BiPAP ventilator. Reportedly, Kader Khan is suffering from Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, a degenerative disease that causes loss of balance, difficulty in walking and dementia.
Amitabh Bachchan, who has worked with Khan in films such as “Do Aur Do Paanch”, “Muqaddar Ka Sikandar”, “Mr. Natwarlal”, “Suhaag”, “Coolie” and “Shahenshah”, took to Twitter on Friday to pray for the veteran actor’s wellbeing and recovery.
“Kader Khan... actor writer of immense talent... lies ill in Hospital... Prayer and duas for his well being and recovery... Saw him perform on stage, welcomed him and his prolific writing for my films. Great company, a libran and many not know, taught Mathematics,” Amitabh tweeted.
Born in Kabul, Khan made his acting debut in 1973 with Rajesh Khanna’s “Daag” and has featured in over 300 films.
Also, he has written dialogues for over 250 movies. Before becoming an actor, he had written dialogues for Randhir Kapoor-Jaya Bachchan’s “Jawani Diwani”.
As a screenwriter, Khan frequently collaborated with Manmohan Desai and Prakash Mehra. His films with Desai include “Dharam Veer”, “Ganga Jamuna Saraswati”, “Coolie”, “Desh Premee”, “Suhaag”, “Parvarish” and “Amar Akbar Anthony” and films with Mehra include “Jwalamukhi”, “Sharaabi”, “Lawaaris”, “Muqaddar Ka Sikandar”.
- Female UP member hacked to death in N’ganj
- Pakistan face New Zealand this afternoon
- 2 killed in Lalmonirhat road crash
- Two killed as bus falls into M`singh ditch
- College girl Phulon Rani dies
- DIG Mizan suspended
- 13 burnt in Patia gas cylinder blast
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties
- Fire at Cumilla EPZ
- ‘King of Pop’ Michael’s 10th death anniv today
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway