Kader Khan in hospital, his son dismisses death rumours
Published: 10:08 AM, 31 December 2018 Updated: 10:08 AM, 31 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Veteran Bollywood actor Kader Khan has been admitted to a hospital in Canada, said his son Sarfaraz dismissing media reports of his demise.
“It is all a lie. It (is) just a rumour. My father is in the hospital,” Sarfaraz told Indian media.
The 81-year-old actor has developed breathing issues and the doctors have reportedly transferred him from regular ventilator to BiPAP ventilator. Reportedly, Kader Khan is suffering from Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, a degenerative disease that causes loss of balance, difficulty in walking and dementia.
Amitabh Bachchan, who has worked with Khan in films such as “Do Aur Do Paanch”, “Muqaddar Ka Sikandar”, “Mr. Natwarlal”, “Suhaag”, “Coolie” and “Shahenshah”, took to Twitter on Friday to pray for the veteran actor’s wellbeing and recovery.
“Kader Khan... actor writer of immense talent... lies ill in Hospital... Prayer and duas for his well being and recovery... Saw him perform on stage, welcomed him and his prolific writing for my films. Great company, a libran and many not know, taught Mathematics,” Amitabh tweeted.
Born in Kabul, Khan made his acting debut in 1973 with Rajesh Khanna’s “Daag” and has featured in over 300 films.
Also, he has written dialogues for over 250 movies. Before becoming an actor, he had written dialogues for Randhir Kapoor-Jaya Bachchan’s “Jawani Diwani”.
As a screenwriter, Khan frequently collaborated with Manmohan Desai and Prakash Mehra. His films with Desai include “Dharam Veer”, “Ganga Jamuna Saraswati”, “Coolie”, “Desh Premee”, “Suhaag”, “Parvarish” and “Amar Akbar Anthony” and films with Mehra include “Jwalamukhi”, “Sharaabi”, “Lawaaris”, “Muqaddar Ka Sikandar”.
- AL, CPC ink MoU on boosting coop
- Comm formed to probe Ducsu polls irregularities
- Singer Putul got married
- Bangladesh to play Bahrain on Friday
- Authorities failed to ensure traffic discipline: Asaduzzaman Mia
- Quader is improving, to be moved to cabin next week: Physician
- Lalan Festival to end Friday
- 3 students among 6 killed in road crashes
- Probe comm visits Bagaichhari killing spot
- Williamson receives Sir Richard Hadlee Medal
- Tk 40.18 cr incentive for Aush farming
- BNP to be extinct party for wrong politics: Tofail
- 33rd Infantry Div clinches Army Hockey title
- Shakib gets NOC for IPL
- ‘ICT in traffic mgt may reduce jam’
- Five mosques attacked with sledgehammers in Birmingham
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in Netrakona
- OIC invites UN, EU, OSCE to Istanbul meeting on Islamophobia
- Study links severe gum disease to raised dementia risk
- Holey Artisan case`s hearing adjourned till Mar 27
- BGMEA polls in April
- Brave and smart cricket will win World Cup: Buttler
- Sane `lucky` after `vicious foul` in draw
- NZ imam preparing for emotional Friday prayer
- PM for no development affecting people
- May in Brussels to urge short Brexit delay
- Miraz to tie knot today, Fizz tomorrow
- Real Madrid a dream club: Pogba
- Road crash kills madrasa teacher in Kallyanpur
- Final Supermoon of year occurs as asteroid zips close by
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand
- PM visits Tangail to distribute RP Saha Gold Medal