KCC, GCC polls: Candidates get electoral symbols
Published: 06:36 PM, 24 April 2018
Pic: Daily Bangladesh
The Election Commission (EC) on Tuesday distributed the electoral symbols among the candidates of Gazipur and Khulna City Corporation polls billed for May 15.
In Khulna, Returning Officer Yunus Ali distributed the symbols among the candidates from 9:00 am at Election Commission office in Boyra area.
In the KCC election, a total of five mayoral candidates, 148 general councillor and 38 reserved-seat female councillor candidates are competing.
For mayoral post, BNP backed candidate Nazrul Islam Manju got ‘sheaf of paddy’ as the symbol and Awami League-backed candidate Talukder Abdul Khalek got ‘boat’ symbol.
Communist Party of Bangladesh (CPB) backed candidate Mizanur Rahman Babu got ‘sickle’, Jatiya Party candidate SM Safikur Rahman Mushfik got ‘plough’, Islami Andolan Bangladesh candidate Mojammel Haque got ‘hand fan’.
KCC including 31 general and 10 reserved wards have a total of 4,96,454 voters.
Meanwhile, In Gazipur, Returning Officer Rakib Uddin Mandal distributed the symbols among the candidates from 10 in the morning at the temporary office of the Returning Officer at Bangataj auditorium.
In the GCC election, a total of seven mayor candidates, 256 general councillors and 84 reserved-seat female councillor candidates are competing.
For mayoral post-BNP backed candidate Sahan Uddin Sarkar got symbol ‘sheaf of paddy’ and Awami League-backed candidate Jahangir Alam got ‘boat’ symbol.
Communist Party of Bangladesh (CPB) backed candidate Ruhul Amin got ‘sickle’, Islami Andolan Bangladesh backed candidate Nasir Uddin got ‘hand fan’, Islami Oikya Jote backed candidate Fazlur Rahman got ‘Minar’, Bangladesh Islami Front backed candidate Jalal Uddin got ‘candle’ and individual candidate Farid Uddin got ‘wall clock’.
Besides assistant returning officer also distributed symbols among general ward and reserved female councillor post candidates.
GCC has a total of 11,37,736 voters for 57 general and 19 reserved wards.
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Study ties unhealthy gums to liver cancer risk
- PM urges int’l bodies to help rehabilitate Rohingyas in Myanmar
- Tamim falls after score fifty
- Court orders to freeze DIG Mizan’s wealth
- Teenager stabbed in capital`s Kadamtali
- Bangladesh loses Soumya early
- Signal 3 for maritime ports
- Australia set Bangladesh 382 to win
- Nusrat murder: charges formed, testimonies Jun 27
- Get driving license after eye and dope test: HC
- Rohingya wants to return after ensuring recognition
- Warner hits ton, Australia heading for big total
- Novoair increases flights to Jashore
- US confirms drone was shot down by Iranian missile
- Soumya makes brekthough for Bangladesh
- National Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign on June 22
- Rohingyas’ ardor to return home on refugee day
- Prisoner dies in Kashimpur jail
- ‘Dhaka Attack’s villain Taskeen got married
- Rana`s bail stay till July 1
- Provide Tk 50 within 2 months to Rajib’s family: HC
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- 9 to die for killing C’nawabganj Jubo League leader
- Rain, thundershowers likely to continue
- Australia to bat first against Bangladesh
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- ‘Refugee Day’ observed with 1.1m Rohingyas burden
- Google Doodle celebrates Sufia Kamal’s birth anniv
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- England wins beating Windies
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5