KCC, GCC polls: Candidates get electoral symbols
Published: 06:36 PM, 24 April 2018
Pic: Daily Bangladesh
The Election Commission (EC) on Tuesday distributed the electoral symbols among the candidates of Gazipur and Khulna City Corporation polls billed for May 15.
In Khulna, Returning Officer Yunus Ali distributed the symbols among the candidates from 9:00 am at Election Commission office in Boyra area.
In the KCC election, a total of five mayoral candidates, 148 general councillor and 38 reserved-seat female councillor candidates are competing.
For mayoral post, BNP backed candidate Nazrul Islam Manju got ‘sheaf of paddy’ as the symbol and Awami League-backed candidate Talukder Abdul Khalek got ‘boat’ symbol.
Communist Party of Bangladesh (CPB) backed candidate Mizanur Rahman Babu got ‘sickle’, Jatiya Party candidate SM Safikur Rahman Mushfik got ‘plough’, Islami Andolan Bangladesh candidate Mojammel Haque got ‘hand fan’.
KCC including 31 general and 10 reserved wards have a total of 4,96,454 voters.
Meanwhile, In Gazipur, Returning Officer Rakib Uddin Mandal distributed the symbols among the candidates from 10 in the morning at the temporary office of the Returning Officer at Bangataj auditorium.
In the GCC election, a total of seven mayor candidates, 256 general councillors and 84 reserved-seat female councillor candidates are competing.
For mayoral post-BNP backed candidate Sahan Uddin Sarkar got symbol ‘sheaf of paddy’ and Awami League-backed candidate Jahangir Alam got ‘boat’ symbol.
Communist Party of Bangladesh (CPB) backed candidate Ruhul Amin got ‘sickle’, Islami Andolan Bangladesh backed candidate Nasir Uddin got ‘hand fan’, Islami Oikya Jote backed candidate Fazlur Rahman got ‘Minar’, Bangladesh Islami Front backed candidate Jalal Uddin got ‘candle’ and individual candidate Farid Uddin got ‘wall clock’.
Besides assistant returning officer also distributed symbols among general ward and reserved female councillor post candidates.
GCC has a total of 11,37,736 voters for 57 general and 19 reserved wards.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh