Jute leaves: Increases immunity by reducing ‘high pressure’
Published: 02:08 PM, 22 September 2020 Updated: 02:32 PM, 22 September 2020
Pilot whales lie stranded on a sand bar near Strahan, Australia, on Monday, September 21; Photo: AP
Jute leaves is one of the different types of spinach, however, many people do not fond of this. Rich in nutrients – this spinach has many benefits for the body.
There are two types of jute leaves in the market – one is sweet and another is bitter.
As cruciferous vegetables, jute leaves detoxifies the body like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, asparagus and other such vegetables which also play a great role in preventing cancer.
In some African countries, jute leaves is used to make soup. It can also be eaten boiled, cooked or fried. The benefits of eating jute leaves regularly are —
- Jute leaves is rich in potassium, resulting in controlling high blood pressure.
- This spinach has a lot of fiber, as a result, it helps in the digestion process. It plays a role in relieving constipation. It is also quite effective in increasing appetite.
- Jute leaves have an adequate amount of Vitamin C which helps to increase immunity. Regular consumption of this vegetable reduces the risk of various infections.
- Vitamin C in jute leaves is important for skin health. It keeps the skin youthful by fighting against harmful free radicals.
- Jute leaves have an adequate amount of Vitamin A which helps to improve the eyesight.
- According to experts, magnesium is quite effective in relieving depression. The presence of a sufficient amount of magnesium in jute leaves helps to keep the mood good. Besides, this spinach is beneficial for people suffering from stress and insomnia.