‘Joy Bangla Concert’ on historic March 7
Published: 04:50 PM, 6 March 2019 Updated: 01:46 PM, 7 March 2019
The long-cherished annual “Joy Bangla Concert” is set to take place at the Bangladesh Army Stadium in Dhaka on Thursday afternoon with a view to rekindling the historic March 7 speech by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
Under the supervision of the Center for Research and Information (CRI), Young Bangla, one of the leading youth networks of Bangladesh, every year hosts the mega event to revive Liberation War spirit among youths.
At the concert, leading musical bands to perform one song each from the list of patriotic songs played from the Shadhin Bangla Betar Kendra during the liberation war.
“The Young Bangla has been organizing the concert every year since 2015. The celebration has now become more significant as the UNESCO has recognized the landmark speech of Bangabandhu as a world documentary heritage on October 30, 2017,” CRI Associate Coordinator Engineer Tonmoy Ahmed told BSS today.
He said leading bands Artcell, Chirkutt, Lalon, Arbovirus, Shunno, Nemesis, Cryptic Fate and Bay of Bengal will perform in the concert to mesmerize the fans with rock music.
The entry to the mega event at the Army Stadium is totally free this year as the spectators’ just need to complete registration, Ahmed added.
He said a large number of fans especially youths have already registered to join the concert this year which is going to be one of the best one of its
In last three years, around 60,000 youths, altogether, enjoyed the concert at the venue while 90,000 watched on live-streaming on different social media sites and various organizations’ websites and millions viewed on prominent TV
Hundreds of youths imbued with Liberation War spirit will gather at the stadium to recall the day and celebrate independence with the Bangla rock music.
- Lemon cultivation gaining popularity in Panchagarh
- AL secretariat meeting tomorrow
- Black holes made of dark energy?
- PM hints at buying two more Boeing aircraft
- PM inaugurates Biman’s ‘Rajhangsa’
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- People’s reliance now on JP: GM Quader
- Plaintiff tries to suicide in court over husband’s bail
- Bangabandhu, Bangamata football tournament kicks-off!
- TCB to provide onion at Tk 45
- Durga Puja set-out in Jamalpur’s 210 temples
- ADB president to step down
- Rawdah of Rasulullah (SM) under Green Dome
- Puja Cherry got married!
- 27 policemen awarded in Dhaka Range Crime Conference
- Sheikh Hasina so far receives 37 int’l accolades
- Veteran coach Nazmul quits BCB
- U-23 squad announced for India tour
- Corruption in rice distribution
- Hilsa scarcity leads to paucity
- HC’s rule on CCSU election
- Smith takes 34-point lead over Kohli
- UAE introduces free visa on condition
- Woman carried away on mobility scooter in a hilarious state
- Probe report in BB reserve heist case on Oct 20
- IEEE accredited Bangladesh University
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Oct 17
- Over 75 tigers died in Thailand for inbreeding fact
- Blast in Afghan President’s rally kills 24 civilians
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects