Jatiya Party council today
Published: 10:09 AM, 28 December 2019 Updated: 12:30 PM, 28 December 2019
Logo of JaPa
The ninth national council of Jatiya Party (JaPa) is scheduled to be held in the capital on Saturday, a day after the party's structural amendments.
The conference will start at 10:00 am at the Engineers Institute in the capital. The conference, which will be held after three years, 11 months and 10 days, will be chaired by Ghulam Muhammed (GM) Quader, JaPa chairman and Deputy Leader of the Opposition at the parliament.
Meanwhile, JaPa is going to create a new post, chief patron, for party founder HM Ershad’s widow Raushon Ershad in its national council. GM Quader will remain in the post of chairman.
As a chief patron, Raushon will remain above the chairman. She, currently serving as the senior co-chairman of the party, will be given the highest honour in the party, and at its meetings or general meetings. Raushon will hold the highest position in the party as long as she is alive.
However, the Jatiya Party chairman will enjoy the highest power in the party.
In March 2016, the eighth national council of Jatiya Party was held in the presence of Hussein Muhammad Ershad, the former president and party chairman. Prior to that council, on January 19 in the same year, the party's secretary-general Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu was replaced by Ruhul Amin Hawlader. Later on December 3, 2018, before the 11th parliamentary election, Ruhul Amin Hawlader was removed while Md. Mashiur Rahman Ranga was appointed as secretary-general of the party.
Ershad died on July 14 this year while undergoing treatment at the Combined Military Hospital (CMH). According to his direction, his younger brother Golam Mohammad (GM) Quader became chairman of the party.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks