Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
Published: 11:53 PM, 23 May 2020
Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
Hana Kimura, a professional Japanese wrestler who appeared in the latest series of Netflix's reality show Terrace House, has died at the age of 22. The cause of death was not immediately clear.
Kimura's organization Stardom Wrestling has confirmed the news.
In addition to confirming the news on their official Twitter, supporters have been urged to remain respectful of Kimura.
"Please be respectful and keep his family and friends in your prayers," We Are Stardom tweeted on Saturday.
Prior to her death, she had consistently hinted at being a victim of cyber-harassment through social media.
The most recent update on her Instagram story on Friday featured a photo of her with her cat, with a caption that read "goodbye".
A winner of Stardom's 2019 Fighting Spirit Award, Kimura was one of the cast members of Japanese reality TV show Terrace House, before it was suspended due to coronavirus. The show follows three men and three women as they temporarily live together in a house.
Kimura's mother Kyoko Kimura was also a famous wrestler.
- 1,119 policemen recovery from coronavirus
- COVID-19 claims more than 348,000 lives globally
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Rain likely to increase, signal 3 for maritime ports
- ‘Keyamat Theke Keyamat’ re-airs today
- Miss Universe NZ finalist Amber-Lee Friis found dead at home
- Envoy Group Chairman contracted COVID-19
- Sunbeams School founder Niloufer Manzur succumbs to COVID-19
- Deputy Speaker Fazle Rabbi’s wife dies at 67
- Another 22 infected with coronavirus in Tangail
- Woman gives childbirth at gate as hospital reluctant to admit her
- COVID-19 rapidly surging in Brazil
- Dhaka-returnee 9 months pregnant contracted COVID-19
- WHO suspends hydroxychloroquine’s trial for coronavirus treatment
- 5.1 quake hits Sylhet
- Maritime ports asked to keep hoisted signal 3
- Dr Zafrullah tests positive for coronavirus
- Earthquake of magnitude 5.5 jolts Manipur
- Bangladesh exports 6.5m PPE to US
- Coronavirus deaths toll top 347,000 globally
- Modi phones PM, extends Eid greetings
- President urges affluent to stand by poor
- Holy Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated across country
- Imam dies while offering Eid prayers
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- President offers Eid prayers at Bangabhaban
- PM greets FFs with gifts on Eid
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- Stay home and stay safe: Tamim
- IGP offers Eid prayers at central police mosque
- All News »
- ‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Track of cyclone ‘Amphan’ (Live)
- After ‘Amphan’, there will be ‘Cyclone Nisharga’
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs
- ‘Amphan’ closer to Bangladesh; Great Danger Signal No 10 issued
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- ‘Amphan’ likely to hit late night
- Great danger signal for Ctg-Cox’s Bazar too
- Super cyclone Amphan claims 9 lives
- 1251 new infected in 24hrs, 21 more dead
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Cyclone Amphan: 5-10 foot tall tidal waves likely
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Cyclone Amphan: What Met Office say in special bulletin no 24
- ‘Amphan’ moves 165km towards Bangladesh in a night
- Super Cyclone ‘Amphan’ 700 km near to Bangladesh
- Amphan moving forwards with speed of 245 kmph
- Cyclone Amphan: Live updates
- 1617 new infected in 24hrs, 16 more dead
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Trump calls WHO a puppet of China
- Uber Eats going to be closed in Bangladesh
- Cyclone Amphan: Great Danger Signal likely to be issued
- Online store “Facebook Shops” launched
- Nushrat wants to get married!
- Nearly 5000 recover from COVID-19 in country