Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
Published: 11:51 PM, 17 October 2019
Naoki Ito, the new Japanese envoy to Bangladesh, said his country is keen to strengthen the existing bilateral relation between Japan and Bangladesh.
The envoy said this when he presented his credentials to President M Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban on Thursday evening.
“The development potential of Bangladesh is very bright… Japan is keen to expand the existing bilateral relationship as a part of key development partners of Bangladesh,” the Japanese envoy told the President during the
Later, President’s Press Secretary Joynal Abedin briefed the reporters.
Naoki said his country wants to enhance different communications, including airways between the two countries in the days to come. The relation between the two countries would be expanded in future, he hoped.
Welcoming the new Japanese ambassador in Dhaka, the President said Japan is a development partner of Bangladesh, which has been providing its all-out cooperation for the country’s socio-economic development after the War of Liberation.
The metro-rail project is being implemented with the help of Japan government, the President added.
Referring to the exchange of high-level visits by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and her counterpart Shinzo Abe, the President said it helped the bilateral ties reach a new height.
“It is helping to expand the business and investment between the two countries gradually,” President Hamid added.
The head of the state hoped that this trend would continue in the days to come.
Secretaries concerned to the President and high officials of the foreign ministry were present.
Earlier, on his arrival at Bangabhaban, a smartly turned-out contingent of the horse-mounted President Guard Regiment (PGR) gave the envoys guards of honor.
- BUET expels 26 students over Abrar murder
- UK Labour makes radical election pitch
- `Humble` Mourinho not planning on big changes at Spurs
- Another cargo flight with 105 mts Egyptian onion lands
- Israel PM Netanyahu charged with corruption
- Event Flow of Kolkata Test
- Nasim asks party men to make AL council success
- President condoles death of Katiadi AL leader Golap Mia
- Tennis Federation GS Golam Morshed fired
- 41st Cairo int`l film gala kicks off at Egypt`s opera house
- Mithila: “There is a word called privacy”
- AI bot beats human in multiplayer game with secret roles
- Syed Rasel named Dhaka Platoon bowling coach
- Why exclusion of PEC candidates not illegal: HC
- Fielding will key point in pink-ball Test: Mominul
- Tahsan new look of Farooki’s “No Land’s Man”
- Nigerian air force destroys Boko Haram’s meeting venue
- Emerging Asia Cup Final to broadcast on TV
- Bourses bounce back
- Don’t pay heed to propaganda: PM
- Bangladesh wins 1st Gold in e-Asia Awards 2019
- Car-Free Street in Uttara!
- BNP failed to wage movement capitalizing onion issue: Quader
- Baby drown in Tangail
- Pope Francis visits Thai Buddhist temple
- Housewife commits suicide
- 22 civilians killed in Syria by Russian-backed government forces
- 89 detained in anti-drug drive in capital
- Players would focus only on cricket: Mominul
- Armed Forces Day celebrated peacefully
- All News »
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- Graduation at 9!
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS
- International Men’s Day today
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Srijit’s talks on marriage with Mithila
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Thousands devotees in Lokenath Ashram with luminaries
- Messi-led Argentina arrive in Israel for Uruguay friendly
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- Abrar murder: Arrest warrant issued against 4
- PSC, Ebtedayee terminal exams begin tomorrow
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- Amazon appeals $10B Pentagon contract won by Microsoft
- 5 dead in Bolivia clashes challenging interim govt
- 2.5-km to be visible
- Delightful 2nd day of Dhaka Int’l Folk fest today
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft this evening
- PM joins gleaming Dubai air show
- Nusrat Jahan at ICU