Jamuna devours over 300 houses
Published: 09:19 PM, 19 July 2019 Updated: 09:40 PM, 19 July 2019
Jamuna river devoured over 300 houses due to increase in water level in the last two weeks. Homestead land, schools, madrasahs and hundreds of bighas harvesting land have been disappeared.
Almost all the Wards of this upazila are in the same condition. Thousands of families become destitute. The northern part of Chorkatari UP of Daulatpur, Manikganj is on the way to lost existence.
By visiting the place it is seen that the river level is very close to the northern part of Kathaltola Bazar area. Existence of houses, croplands markets, road, and educational institutes are under threat. The direct transportation system has become inactive. Living areas becoming dissolved on a sudden. People started living under the sky with family by making temporary shades. Some of them also took shelter in schools or rented houses.
Associate Professor Md. Sayedur Rahman of Govt. Kumudini College, Tangail, is a resident of Kathaltola Bazar area said that Uttarakhand, the border of four districts, is bearing the tradition of Manikganj throughout the ages. Last year, Uttarakhand partly and almost all other areas washed away by river. In two weeks, govt school and madrasah have vanished. The river has come closer. If this will be continued the existence of Chorkataria, including Kathaltola Bazar area will be devoured soon.
Recently, Manikganj DC has visited the area. He sustained his power limitation. He asked for the attention of government regarding this erosion.
Chrkatari UP Chairman Abdul Barek said excluding hundred in Ward-7 and three hundred in Ward-9 almost all the areas of Charkatari UP dissolved in the riverine. According to the record of the previous year and the following year, 7 wards of the UP have been devoured in the river.
It is learned within two weeks, three schools- 58 No. Daktarpara Govt. Primary School, 45 No Charkatari Govt. Primary School, 64 No Charkatari Govt. Primary School have been devoured. On the other hand, Karim Mandal’s Local Mohila Madrasah also dissolved. Besides, Kathaltola Darul Ulum Madrasha, Oni Hajipara Mohila Madrasa, and Salam Mandal’s Local Mohila Madrasah are under threat.
Manikganj DC has distributed rice among 133 families. He assured to provide shades but still haven’t delivered. To protect Charkatari UP, governments attention is needed.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future