‘Jamalpur Express’ to be launched tomorrow
Published: 01:07 PM, 25 January 2020 Updated: 01:33 PM, 25 January 2020
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to inaugurate the new intercity train on the Dhaka-Jamalpur-Dhaka (via Bangabandhu Bridge East) route ‘Jamalpur Express’ from Ganobahaban at 10:00 am on Sunday.
Senior Information Officer of the Ministry of Railways Md Shariful Alam told the information to Daily Bangladesh on Saturday.
Ministry sources said that the Jamalpur Express will leave Dhaka at 10:30 am and will arrive Jamalpur at 4:05 pm.
Besides, Dhaka and Jamalpur, The train’s stoppage will be — Airport, Joydebpur, Tangail, Bangabandhu Bridge East, Bhuapur, Hemnagar, Advocate Matiur Rahman and Tarakandi Sarishabari railway stations.
The train will have 620 seats. Of these, AC chairs will be 110 and Shovon chairs will be 510. There will be weekly closed on Sunday.
It is learned that each coach with advanced passenger facilities is made of stainless steel. Disabled passengers have wheelchair access on the train. In addition, air-conditioned coaches have environmentally friendly bio-toilets.
On the other hand, the train has an air-conditioning system with a modern and advanced quality Roof Mounted Air Conditioning Unit.
In the special interest of the Prime Minister, Jamalpur Express is being opened on the railway line from Jamalpur to Dhaka. The intercity train — Tarakandi-Bangabandhu Bridge East- Tangail via Dhaka-Jamapur — will create a great opportunity for communication with important areas of the country, including the capital.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar