Ersahd as opposition leader, Quader as deputy leader
JaPa as opposition in Parliament, none to be in MP cabinet
Published: 03:02 PM, 4 January 2019 Updated: 06:55 PM, 4 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Jatiya Party (JaPa) has decided to act as the main opposition party in the 11th Parliament. At the same time, the party’s chairman Hussein Muhammad Ershad has issued strong instructions that no one from the party will be included in the MP cabinet.
The information was released on Friday in a press release issued by Ershad himself.
The notification said that as the Chairman of JaPa informed the leaders-activists and supporters of the party that the Jatiya Party will be the main opposition party in the 11th Parliament.
In the statement with his own signature, Ershad said that he will be the main opposition leader of Jatiya Party in the parliament. And the co-chairman of the party Golam Mohammad Quader (GM Quader) will be the deputy leader. Ershad gave strict warning that no MP from the party would be included in the cabinet.
In the statement, former President and Jatiya Party Chairman Hussein Muhammad Ershad requested to Jatiya Sangsad’s Speaker to take necessary action in this regard.
It is noted that in the 11th Parliamentary elections, Awami League-led Grand Alliance got 288 seats. BNP-led Jatiya Oikyafront got only 7 seats. Separately, Awami League 257, Jatiya Party 22, BNP 5, Workers Party 3, Independent 3, JSD 2, Bikalpadhara 2, GonoForam 2, JP 1 and Tariqat Federation got 1 seat.
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- 18 killed, 29 injured in Venezuela road crash
- OC Moazzem handed over to Feni police
- Moazzem to be produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal today
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Shahid says fight with Mira can last 15 days
- Tigers take on WI a must-win WC match
- 5th phase polls in 23 UZs tomorrow
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- Class XI admission results published
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- JS budget session begins today
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held