JS budget session begins today
Published: 10:20 AM, 11 June 2019 Updated: 01:34 PM, 11 June 2019
The Jatiya Sangsad (JS) will go into its budget session on Tuesday afternoon, according to the parliament secretariat.
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal will place the national budget for 2019-20 fiscal in the House on June 13 (Thursday). It would be his (Kamal) first budget to be placed as the finance minister of Bangladesh.
It would be the third session of the 11th parliament and the first budget session of the Awami League government which assumed office after a landslide victory in the December 30 general election.
The AL government is going to place its 19th budget in the Jatiya Sangsad and it is also 48th one in the history of country.
On May 13, President Abdul Hamid convened the budget session exercising the power bestowed upon him as per Clause (1) of Article 72 of the Constitution.
The first session of the 11th parliament began on January 30.
According to JS secretariat, the budget session for 2019-20 FY will begin at 5 pm today with Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury in the chair.
Earlier at 4 pm, the business advisory committee will sit at level-2 of the Parliament Complex to fix the tenure of the budget session. Leader of the House and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will take part in the meeting. - BSS
- DU students block Shahabagh again
- 24 dead in arson attack at Japan studio
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman
- Rocky passed HSC by writing with wrist
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM
- Flood in Assam, death toll rises to 27
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today