JP not pleased in result
Published: 05:16 PM, 1 January 2019 Updated: 05:16 PM, 1 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Previous parliamentary opposition Jatiya Party (JP) today expressed dissatisfaction over the outcome of the 11th parliamentary election held Sunday.
Reflecting on it today, the party's Secretary General Mashiur Rahman Ranga said: “The party expected to win more than 20 seats in the election”. However, he said, “Our party is now stronger than before”.
He said this at a post-election meeting at Banani office on Tuesday morning.
Ranga also said that the newly elected MPs and Presidium members will hold a joint meeting on Wednesday. The meeting will decide whether the Jatiya Party remain in government or opposition party. He said, then we discuss with the grand alliance about this.
Presidium Member Masuda M Rashid Chowdhury, Vice Chairman - Rowshan Ara Mannan, Alamgir Sikder Loton, Bahauddin Babul, Nurul Islam Nuru, Joint Secretary General Golam Mohammad Raju, Jahirul Islam Rubel, Organizing Secretary Fakhrul Ahsan Shahjada, General Secretary of Volunteer Party Md. Belal Hossain, Publicity Secretary Khorshed Ara Khusus, Dr. Selima Khan, Ramzan Ali Bhuiyan and Sheikh Shanto spoke in the meeting.
Presidium member Noor-e Hasna Lily Chowdhury, adviser Dr. Md. Nurul Azhar, Vice Chairman - M. At the Talha, Ziaul Haque Mridha, Joint Secretary General - Mostaqur Rahman Mostak, Editor-in-Council Member Helal Uddin, AKM Ashrafuzzaman Khan, Sultan Mahmud, M. At the Razzak Khan, Rezaul Karim, Maulana Qari Asif, Sharmin Parvin Liza, Parvin Tarek, Shahid Rahman Rinku, Central Leader - Abdus Sattar, Mizanur Rahman Dulal, Mamunur Rahman, Sheikh Deen Islam, Hasan Manzur, Mustafa Al Mahmood, Mini Khan, Jahanara Mukul , Alhaj Abdul Baten, Taslima Aktar Runa and others were present.
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- England wins beating Windies
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry