JCD activists lock BNP central office
Published: 05:30 PM, 11 June 2019 Updated: 05:32 PM, 11 June 2019
Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal activists locked the main gate of BNP's central office in Nayapaltan today demanding cancellation of the party’s directives about age limit in forming its new committee.
Several hundred leaders and activists of the recently-dissolved JCD central committee gathered in front of the party office around 11am and started demonstration there. At one stage, they locked the main gate and continued their protest programme.
The protesters were chanting slogans in favour of their demand for cancellation of the age limit.
The demonstrators of JCD, BNP’s student body, were also demanding the cancellation of the announcement about dissolving their central committee.
They said they want BNP to form a short-term JCD committee without keeping any age ceiling.
The JCD demonstrators were also demanding the cancellation of the announcement about dissolving their central committee.
The protestors also snapped the power connection to the BNP office around 12:50pm.
As some ex-JCD leaders, including Shamsuzzaman Dudu, Amanullah Aman, Fazlul Haq Milon, Shaheeduddin Chowdhury Anne, ABM Mosharraf Hossain, Shafiul Bari Babu came to the spot, the protestors engaged in argument with them and barred them from entering the office.
BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi and some other party leaders were staying inside the office.
On June 3, the central committee of BNP’s student body Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal (JCD) was dissolved.
A BNP press release, signed by BNP Senior Joint Secretary General Ruhul Kabir Rizvi, said a new JCD committee will be formed within the next 45 days based on the opinions of its councillors.
It said those who will contest election for different posts of JCD will have to be primary members, students of any educational institution of Bangladesh and must pass SSC and equivalent examination after 2000.
On October 14, 2014, JCD’s last committee was formed making Rajib Ahsan its president and Akramul Hasan its general secretary.
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- A woman: Dancer to detective
- Humayun Ahmed`s 7th death anniv today
- Bernard topped Bill Gates on Rich List
- ICC debarred Zimbabwe
- PM flies to London
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM flies to London tomorrow
- DC conference: Vast responsibility, directives
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- HC’s directive to dispose woman, child repression case in 180 day
- Navy got ‘National Fisheries Award’19 Gold medal
- Boat hats in Manikganj
- 8000 cattle ready for Qurbani market
- Shakib in Cricinfo’s XI; not Kohli
- Beauty of Tanguar Haor in Monsoon
- Illegal expats to return home paying TK 14 thou
- Two sisters drowned in Tangail
- UN chief concerns over Rohingya crisis
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death