Ivy Rahman’s 15th death anniv today
Published: 10:27 AM, 24 August 2019 Updated: 05:18 PM, 24 August 2019
Today is the 15th death anniversary of Awami League women's affairs secretary Ivy Rahman, the wife of the late President Zillur Rahman.
She was critically injured in a grenade attack at the Awami League's anti-terror rally on Bangabandhu Avenue on 21st August 2004. Later, she died on August 24, after fighting for lives in the Combined Military Hospital for 4 days.
Ivy Rahman was born on 7th July 1944 at Bhairab. Her father Jalal Uddin Ahmed was a principal of Dhaka College. Ivy Rahman's only son Nazmul Hasan is currently the MP for Kishoreganj-4 constituency. He is also the President of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB). Besides Ivy Rahman is leaving in her two daughters named Tania Bakht and Tanima Rahman.
Apart from politics, Ivy Rahman dedicated herself to social activities. Till the last day of her life, she was the president of the Bangladesh Mahila Samiti and general secretary of the National Blind Welfare Association. She was the chairman of the National Women's Organization and the National Women's Association from 1996 to 2001 years.
The Awami League's central working committee, advisory council, and leaders of allied organizations pay tributes to her grave at Banani Cemetery on Saturday morning at 8:00 am on the occasion of Ivy Rahman's 15th death anniversary.
Milad and Duaa Mahfil have been organized at the capital’s Ivy Concord Tower (House-22, Road-1, Gulshan-2, Dhaka) on behalf of the rest of the family.
In the Milad and Dua Mahfil, members of the Awami League Central Working Parliament, Advisory Council, and allied organizations are specifically requested to join.
- Bangladeshi youth refuses reward for €2,000 cash find in Rome
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea to play tonight
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- 2,500 missing in Bahama’s Hurricane Dorian