Italian envoy made farewell call on PM
Italy lauds quick start of trial of Holey Artisan attack case
Published: 05:16 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 05:41 PM, 27 November 2018
Italian Ambassador to Bangladesh Mario Palma made a farewell call on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday
Italian Ambassador to Bangladesh Mario Palma appreciated the professionalism of the Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime Unit of Bangladesh Police for the quick start of the trial in the Holey Artisan cafe attack case.
He came up with the appreciation when he made a farewell call on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday at the latter’s office here.
PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim briefed reporters after the meeting.
The 2016 militant attack on Holey Artisan cafe killed 22 people, including nine Italians, seven Japanese, one Indian national and two policemen.
Mario Palma, who leaves Bangladesh in January next, said it takes a long time to start the trial of such terror attacks in Italy, too.
On Monday, the trial into the 2016 militant attack on Gulshan’s Holey Artisan Bakery began with the indictment of eight suspects.
The Prime Minister said, “The government responded very quickly to combat the terrorists, bringing the situation under control within a few hours.”
Noting that he visited different heritage sites of Bangladesh particularly in Mongla, Bagerhat, and Khulna, the envoy said all the sites, including the Sundarbans, and the shrine of Khan Jahan Ali are very beautiful.
He said he also visited the Lalon Mela (Baul song festival) in Kushtia and translated Lalon songs into the Italian language.
The envoy appreciated the Bangladeshi people living in Italy for their services to the Italian society and economy saying they are now contributing to the agricultural sector.
The Prime Minister said her government is working with the main aim of improving the condition of the downtrodden people and the living condition of the people in rural areas.
Sheikh Hasina expressed satisfaction over the level of relation and cooperation prevailing between the two countries and emphasized the continuation of that.
PM's International Affairs Adviser Gowher Rizvi and Principal Secretary at the Prime Minister’s Office Md Nojibur Rahman were present.
- After bushfires, Australia now deals with floods!
- World’s shortest man Khagendra Thapa dies at 27
- Obaidul Quader mourns death of MP Mannan
- 560-pound IS leader ‘Jabba the Jihadi’ captured in Iraq
- U-19 World Cup: Aus faces WI today
- PM mourns death of MP Mannan
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Rajshahi lift BPL crown
- Countrymen living in peace: IGP
- Putin to attend Libya peace conference
- Mushfiqur refuses to tour Pakistan for T20Is
- Private car driver killed in Narsingdi road mishap
- Reunion of Psychology dept begins in RU
- Rajshahi post 170 in BPL final against Khulna
- Anwar succeeds in Squash farming
- 6 held in Naogaon anti-narcotics drive
- ‘He just want to avoid his duty’
- Young Tigers` World Cup mission starts tomorrow
- Doyel’s ‘Toshok’ Int’l Film Festival
- Businessman killed in Rajshahi road crash
- 3 detained in Akhaura with yaba tablet
- Khulna obt to bowl in BPL final
- Huawei launches 5G smartphone in Kuwait
- Youth crushed under train at Pubail
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Cricket Australia CEO to be in BPL final
- Turkey begins to deploy troops in Libya
- Iran strikes were ‘slap on face’ for US: Khamenei in Zummah
- 1 killed in Mirsharai road crash
- All News »
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- British diplomat arrested in Iran
- ‘Unintentionally’ shot down Ukrainian jetliner: Iran
- PM mourns death of Oman Sultan
- Obscure’s Prince dies
- Magnitude 5.9 jolts quake-stunned Puerto Rico again
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- Asia’s most costly cricket stadium to be built in Bangladesh!
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- Country shivers as 4th cold wave of season begins
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Oman Sultan Qaboos dies at 79
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- Reaction of Canadian PM after Iran admitting mistake
- 12 devotees die during 1st phase of Ijtema
- Heitham Bin Tariq sworn in as Oman’s new Sultan
- Teachers-guardians’ help for cheat in exam shameful: President
- Queen, Prince Harry to hold talks over Sussexes’ future
- Khulna Tigers opt to bowl to ensure top in BPL
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- 11 killed in US storm-flood
- Thousands of devotees walking to Turag