Israeli launches Gaza air-strike again
Published: 12:14 PM, 8 December 2019
Israeli aircraft carried out attacks in the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip early Sunday, Palestinian security officials said, hours after militants in the enclave launched three rockets at the Jewish state.
The strikes targeted two sites belonging to Al-Qassam Brigades, the Hamas military wing, in northern Gaza, with another series of sorties at a Qassam site west of Gaza City, Hamas officials said.
There were no immediate reports of injuries.
Late Saturday night, Palestinian militants in Gaza launched three rockets at southern Israel.
All three projectiles were intercepted by the Iron Dome defence system, the army said, amending an earlier statement according to which two of the three rockets were shot down over southern Israel.
Medics had treated three people in the southern Israeli town of Sderot who suffered minor injuries while seeking shelter as air raid sirens went off, the Magen David Adom emergency medical service said.
There were no immediate reports of material damage.
On November 29, Israeli warplanes struck Hamas positions in Gaza in response to rocket fire at the Jewish state the previous day.
Hamas has controlled Gaza since 2007, and Israel holds the Islamist movement responsible for all rocket fire coming from the territory, although it has targeted other militant groups there.
Last month, Israeli forces assassinated a senior Islamic Jihad leader in the Gaza Strip, sparking a two-day flare-up which killed 36 Palestinians.
Islamic Jihad fired around 450 rockets at Israel, many of which were intercepted by the Iron Dome defence system.
Israel has fought three wars with Hamas and allied armed groups in Gaza since 2008.
- Mummy’s ‘voice’ heard 3000 years after death
- Youth held with foreign pistol
- Is Aishwarya ‘pregnant’ again?
- 7° Celsius, country’s lowest temperature in Kurigram
- 3 killed as bus hits tree in Habiganj
- AL Central Working Committee visits Tungipara today
- Twitter adds emoji reactions to Direct Message
- Mirpur slum fire doused after 2 hrs
- Coronavirus affected Indian nurse identified in Saudi
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Today’s Sports on TV
- Historic Mass Upsurge Day today
- 1 GB data for Tk 1
- Tigers to take on Pakistan today
- Fire at Parabat Express in B’baria
- Paturia-Daulatdia ferry services resume
- Historic Mass Upsurge Day on Friday
- Saudi Arabia again deports 217 Bangladeshis
- China locks down cities to curb virus outbreak
- DU to confer honorary doctorate on Bangabandhu
- Rapid Rating Chess tournament on Friday
- Bangladesh welcomes ICJ verdict
- Bangla Academy Sahitya Puroshkar 2019 announced
- PSTU expels 15 for ragging
- AL to pay homage to Bangabandhu at Tungipara
- Chinese New Year gala celebrated
- 19 killed in south Sudan tribal clashes
- No national channel to broadcast Bangladesh-Pakistan series
- FM hoping for millstone in remittance growth
- Bangladeshi Omar Ishrak named Intel Chairman
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- DMP’s letter to EC to keep close trade fair for 2 days
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- ‘Law enforcers will work under EC directives’
- E-passport to be launched today
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse