Israel again launches air raids on Gaza
Published: 10:27 AM, 16 June 2021 Updated: 03:07 PM, 16 June 2021
An explosion lights up Khan Yunis, in the southern Gaza Strip on Wednesday morning; Photo: Collected
The Israeli occupational forces have again carried out airstrikes on the Gaza Strip on Wednesday morning.
Israel claims it attacked in retaliation for firing balloons from Palestine. However, no casualties have been reported so far in the attack.
The Israeli military said in a statement that at least 20 fire balloons had been fired at Israel from the Gaza border. They attacked protest and “targeting Hamas”, claimed the Israeli occupational forces. - reports BBC.
Israel and Hamas agreed to a ceasefire on May 21 after 11 days of continuous conflict. At least 256 Palestinians, including 66 children, were killed in the conflict. On the other hand, more than 2000 people have been wounded. At least 12 people have been killed in Israel in rocket attacks by Hamas. However, most of the casualties were civilians.
Naftali Bennett of the right-wing nationalist Yamina Party recently formed a new government in the country. With this, Benjamin Netanyahu’s 12-year regime came to an end.
Extremist Zionists in Israel marched with flags on Tuesday in the holy city of Al-Quds. For this, there was tension between the Palestinian people and the Zionists. Amid this, Israel launched an airstrike on Gaza.
The Israeli war ministry said in a statement that its fighter jets had struck the cities of Gaza and Khan Yunis. The attacks took place where Hamas had used the area for “military purposes”, the statement added.
It was not immediately clear what kind of damage was caused to Gaza by Israeli airstrikes. It is unknown at this time what Hamas or other resistance organizations in Gaza will do after the attack.
However, a Hamas spokesman said in a statement on Twitter that their resistance would continue and that they would defend their rights until the occupiers were ousted from the entire Palestinian territory.