Ishant takes a fifer, Bangladesh all out for 106
Published: 05:31 PM, 22 November 2019
Indian fast-bowling trio of Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav and Mohammed Shami wreaked havoc on the Bangladesh top-order as they all out them for 106 in 30.3 overs.
After winning the toss Bangladesh skipper Mominul Haque chose to bat and they reduced to 73/6 at lunch on the opening day of the historic day-night Test at Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
Ishant Sharma gave India the first breakthrough as he dismissed Imrul Kayes cheaply in 7th over. His bowling partner Umesh Yadav, however, after struggling for the right line and lengths in his first spell came back strongly to give Bangladesh a double blow in his second spell. He removed Bangladesh skipper Mominul Haque and Mohammad Mithun in one over.
Rohit Sharma took a blinder at second slip to dismiss Haque, while Mithun was cleaned up by Umesh Yadav. Mohammed Shami also got the reward for bowling tight lines as he sent Mushfiqur Rahim packing for a duck. Umesh and Ishant came back to pick up one wicket each later in the session to demolish Bangladesh's top-order.
Sharma came back to take the scalp of Mahmudullah for 6 as Bangladesh was reduced to 60-6. The visitors suffered another huge blow as Liton Das was retired-hurt after being struck by a fierce Shami bouncer, which forced the umpires to call the session early.
A length ball on the off stump line and Ebadot Hossain misses it completely. It rattles his stumps. Bangladesh seven down on 82.
Mehedi Hasan Miraz walks in as the concussion substitute for the injured Liton Das. However, he will not bowl in the game. Mehedi Hasan Miraz flicks one off his legs and Pujara, standing at mid-wicket takes the catch. Another one falls and Bangladesh are in deep trouble.
Nayeem Hasan could not get his bat down in time and sees his stumps flying. Ishant bags a fifer and Bangladesh all out for 106.
- Another cricketer died on field
- Tareque Masud’s 63rd birth anniv today
- ‘Ganatantro Mukti Dibas’ today
- India faces Windies in 1st T20 today
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Cinematographer Mahfuzur Rahman passes away
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Kurigram Freedom Day tomorrow
- Storm over new black hole issue
- China to invest $9.11m in Adamjee EPZ
- Portugal resists US appeal to bar Huawei from 5G network bid
- Anyone can donate kidney on humanitarian ground: HC
- Gazipur spinning mill fire doused
- ICAB arranges programme on business leadership
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- House will draft Trump impeachment articles, Pelosi says
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- DMP detained 49 in anti-narcotics drive
- ‘Government will take legal action against chaos in court’
- 9 killed in India’s Madhya Pradesh
- College girl dies in Gazipur train accident
- ACC recovers 125 sacks of rice in Cumilla
- E-Passport to be introduced on Dec 15: Momen
- 50 Yrs of naming ‘Bangladesh`
- Vice chairman’s three-storey house demolished
- 2 arrested with firearms in Rupganj
- 1 in 8 afford out for nutritious diet: Report
- 4 killed in Poland gas blast, 4 missing
- Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka
- NBR’s extensive prog to observe VAT DAY, VAT Week
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Barca, Man United, Juventus to play tonight
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Salman Khan sunken in Afghan beauty