Int’l confce on SDGs at RU Dec 18
Published: 10:10 PM, 13 December 2019
A two-day international conference on SDGs is set to be held at Rajshahi University (RU) from December 18 with an initiative of its Department of Statistics aimed at providing a unique platform for a diverse community including scholars, researchers and developers.
The inaugural ceremony of the two-day conference titled “Data Science and SDGs: Challenges, Opportunities, and Realities” will be held at RU’s Senate Building on Wednesday morning.
Professor Sayedur Rahman, Convener of the conference, told BSS that SDG Affairs Chief Coordinator of Prime Minister’s Office Abul Kalam Azad and Statistics and Informatics Division Secretary of Planning Commission Surendra Nath Chakrabarty will attend and address the opening session as chief and special guests respectively with RU Vice-chancellor Prof Abdus Sobhan in the chair.
He said the two-day conference featured two keynote presentations, five plenary sessions, 47 invited talks and 122 contributory papers in the two-day conference where around 400 experts from 44 foreign and 28 native entities are expected to attend.
Besides, a poster session will be held on the conference side by side with setting up 27 SDG related stalls showcasing its messages.
Major focus areas of the conference are statistical inference, inference in stochastic processes, statistical computing, biostatistics, reliability, survival analysis and industrial statistics.
- Bangladesh gear up for Test series in Pakistan
- Axiata appoints new deputy group CEO
- Yuvraj, Wasim to join Australia bushfire relief match
- Month of Jamadi-us-Sani begins tomorrow
- Petition filed seeking cancellation of Tabith Awal’s candidature
- One killed in Panchagarh clash
- Unexploded mortar shell recovered in Cumilla
- Common people’s uplift is prerequisite to country’s development: PM
- Businessman electrocuted in Trishal
- 3 held in anti-narcotic drive in capital
- Shakib-Apu to pair again!
- Body found at chicken farm in Bogura
- ‘Marketing Cup’ to commemorate Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu
- Unidentified body found in Cumilla
- 48 No Ward AL rebel candidate fired
- Housewife commits suicide in Pirojpur
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- Satkhira pride schoolgirl committed suicide
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack