International Men’s Day today
Published: 09:58 AM, 19 November 2019 Updated: 12:35 PM, 19 November 2019
Every year, International Women’s day is celebrated with utmost importance. There is an argument - many say there is no separate day for men, so why only separate day for women! But many do not know yet that there is a special day for men too. And that is November 19. Today is International Men’s Day.
This year, the theme of International Men’s Day has been set out as ‘Making a Difference for Men and Boys’. In 2018, it was ‘Positive Male Role Models’.
Men’s Day begins to celebrate the contribution of men to society and family. In addition to this, the purpose of this day is to raise awareness about the health of men and boys, gender relations, gender equality, uplift the ideal male character.
Every year, the day is celebrated in more than 70 countries around the world — United States, UK, China, Canada, India, Pakistan, Croatia, Jamaica, Cuba, Scotland, Singapore, Malta, Canada, Denmark, Norway, Austria, Ukraine and so on. In Bangladesh, the day is celebrated on a smaller scale.
The Andrology Unit of the Urology Department of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) is playing a leading role in celebrating International Men’s Day in Bangladesh.
A child cannot grow with just love, care and affection. In order to survive in society, he has to be personable, he has to become strong. The role of men is needed to recognize the real world and learn about risks. Children learn this from their fathers and family members.
The BSMMU’s Andrology Unit says the day is being observed to remind the care for the full development of the men including male children.
The ‘Red Army and Navy Day’ was celebrated in the Soviet Union from 1922 onwards. This day is basically a day honoring the valor and sacrifice of men. In the early 90s, a number of organizations organized various events in the US, Australia and Malta to celebrate Men’s Day in February. Later, it was decided to celebrate the men’s day worldwide on November 19.
- Youths succeed where representatives failed
- Sohug’s fuel production from polythene, plastics waste
- UNO’s ‘calling bell’ service for elderly, disabled
- Delhi factory fire: Owner, manager detain
- 2 SSC examinees killed in Jamalpur road crash
- Rule seeks to demolish illegal structures in Cox’s Bazar beach
- 8 Afghan soldiers killed in suicide car bombing
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- DU’s 52nd convocation begins
- Dry weather with partly cloudy sky
- Suma, Sohel, Eti, Roman win gold in archery
- Sanna Marin, world’s youngest-serving PM
- E-passport this month
- DUCSU’s first book fair Tuesday
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Begum Rokeya Day today
- Helper killed after being hit by covered van
- Pedestrian killed in Bogura road crash
- Tourists stranded as storms batter New Zealand
- International Anti-Corruption Day today
- ‘100 people near New Zealand volcano when it erupted’
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- 16 killed in Uganda landslides
- Today’s Sports on TV
- Motorcycle-auto collision kills 2 in M’singh
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- SpaceX delivers `mighty mice,` worms, robot to space station
- BBPL inaugurated with huge enthusiasm and fanfare
- Unidentified child killed in Capital train-crash
- Remove Mithila, Fahmi’s personal photos from online platforms: HC
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Biman ex-director and DGM detained
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- Ali Dacoit killed in Islampur gunfight
- Remittance inflow increases by 31.75pc in November
- US House passed sanctions on China over Uighur issue
- Nepal`s mass animal slaughter begins despite outcry
- 629 Pakistani girls sold to China
- 24 killed as bus plunges off cliff in Tunisia
- WASA’s water pure such claim untrue: Expert Committee
- TikTok sued in US over alleged China data transfer