‘Infrastructural developed schools are not good schools’
Published: 11:05 PM, 25 January 2020 Updated: 11:06 PM, 25 January 2020
Dr Hasan Mahmud addressing on the reunion, Photo: Collected
Information Minister Dr Hasan Mahmud said that infrastructural developed schools are not good schools unless students are taught properly for flourishing their latent talents.
He said this while addressing in the 75th founding anniversary and reunion of South Rangunia Shilok High School in Chattogram on Saturday evening.
“Students should be taught with values, patriotism, and other human qualities,” the minister said.
Hasan also said, “I never think that good quality of a school depends on good results . . . rather students need to be taught how to respect the seniors.”
Convener of the Ex-Students Reunion program Professor Mohammad Moinuddin presided over the function while Headmaster of the school Javed Talukder moderated it.
Rangunia UNO Mohammad Masudur Rahman, Vice President of North District Unit AL Shujon Kumar Talukder, Mayor of Rangunia Pourasava Shahjahan Sikder, upazila Vice-Chairman Shafiqul Islam, general secretary of upazila Awami League Engineer Shamsul Alam Talukder, Chairman of Shilok Union Parisad Nazrul Islam Talukder were present as special guests.
Professor of Bakalia Government College Mohammad Kamal Hossain and Shafiqul Ialam Talukder, among others, spoke on the occasion.
Dr Hasan Mahmud said school means an institution of learning human qualities and it is the school which helps create basic foundation of education of students.
The minister said Bangladesh is advancing with the dynamic leadership of Bangabandhu’s daughter Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and the new generations should work relentlessly with high spirit to take it to desired goal by 2041. He highlighted the remarkable development in Rangunia upazila during the past 11 years.
- Gunfight at RAB checkpoint, 1 found dead
- Sound pollution, duo arrests in Ctg
- Crowd erupted at Cumilla Shaheed Minar
- Amar Ekushey Prabhat Feri observed in Sylhet
- 2 BCL leaders crashed to fetch flowers
- Tribute procession to Ctg Central Shaheed Minar
- Prabhat Feri observed in Shariatpur
- More 115 killed in lethal COVID-19 in a day
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Today’s sports on TV
- Syria-Turkey fierce fighting in Idlib kills 27
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- 8-yrs son on way demanding punishment of father’s killers
- Man arrested after London mosque stabbing
- CU also not to join combined admission test system
- Martin Braithwaite joins Barcelona
- US Embassy launches website in Bengali
- BSF officer commits suicide in Kashmir
- BD ranks 143 in improving quality of life in children
- Schoolgirl hangs for cellphone
- Train derailed in Australia kills 2
- Bangladeshi detained by BSF on Kurigram border
- Untold story of language fighter Momtaz Begum
- Fraud Nigerian detained in airport
- Tips to get rid of chickenpox scar
- 9 persons, one institution to get Independence Award
- DMP detained 57 in anti-narcotic drive
- Extinct wildcat recovered from Bhola
- S Korea confirms first coronavirus death
- All News »
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Soumya with future wife
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- What Srijit told about Tahsan
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Valentine, Pahela Falgun celebration same day
- Sundarbans Day today
- 6,723 coronavirus patients discharged after recovery
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Falguni kills 5 workers in Gopalganj
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital