Infant dies, parents injured in Mirpur fire

Dhaka, Wednesday   26 June 2019

Infant dies, parents injured in Mirpur fire

 Staff Correspondent Daily-Bangladesh

 Published: 10:42 AM, 25 April 2018  

Representational photo

Representational photo

 

A seven-month-old boy was burnt to death and his parents sustained injuries as a fire broke out at a building in Mirpur area of the capital early Wednesday.

The deceased was identified as Tamim, 7 months. The injured are Manik Miah, 35, a caretaker of the building, and his wife Mina, 28.

Mizanur Rahman, an officer of Fire Service and Civil Defense central control room, said the fire originated from a cigarette butt and broke out at the ground floor of a five-storey building around 11:45 pm and spread soon.

The fire was spread all over the room due to the leakage of the gas line, leaving three of them sustained injuries.

After getting the information of blaze, two firefighting units rushed to the spot and doused the fire.

Later, the injured were rescued and taken to the Burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where the doctor declared Tamim dead around 1:30 am, he added.

Bachchu Mia, SI of Dhaka Medical college Hospital Police Outpost, said the injured were admitted to the Burn unit of DMCH. 

DailyBangladesh/Nishi