Indonesian police recaptures 36 inmates, 77 others on run
Published: 01:38 PM, 1 December 2018 Updated: 01:38 PM, 1 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Police in Indonesia's Aceh province had recaptured 36 prisoners out of the 113 who fled from the prison in Banda Aceh on Thursday evening, Aceh police spokesman Ery Apriyono said on Saturday.
The police are hunting for the remaining 77 inmates who are still on the run, the spokesman said.
A joint command team has been established to search for the 77 inmates, the spokesman said.
"Sooner or later, we will be able to nab them again. We will keep pursuing them with no limit of time," the spokesman was quoted by Serambi media as saying.
Reports said there were 726 inmates in the prison at that time. The inmates were out of their cells for mass prayers but some took advantage of the situation by breaking the prison's fence.
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- How you can identify ‘Appendix’ pain!
- Salah donates Tk 25 cr for cancer institute
- Suarez joins Messi on Barca treatment table
- Drug dealer held in Mathbaria
- Schools adorned with national flag painting
- Poet Shamsur Rahman’s 13th death anniv today
- Today`s sports on TV
- India’s unilateral decision is not valid: China in UNSC
- Two suspected robbers lynched in Pabna
- Return hajj flights start today
- Indian FM to Dhaka on Monday
- 4 killed in bus-private car collision
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Global stocks choppy amid angst over trade war, bond yields
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- Mirpur slum fire doused