Indian Air Force officer commits suicide
Published: 12:47 PM, 27 February 2019
A Wing Commander of Indian Air Force (IAF) reportedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his licenced gun in his official residence at Bamrauli Air Force Station area in Allahabad, a city in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, on Tuesday morning.
The deceased was identified as Arvind Sinha, 45, a former defence public relations officer (PRO). His body was found lying on a cot in the verandah of his house. No suicide note, however, was found.
Reports said the officer was suffering from depression for the past several months.
Sandeep Mishra, the in charge of the Dhumanganj police station, said, "A woman had reported the incident to the Air Force hospital, after which a team of doctors rushed to the spot but Sinha was dead by then."
"Police along with forensic experts reached the North Campus and sent the body for postmortem. A complaint has been filed by IAF officers," said Mishra.
“No suicide note was found from the spot but initial probe suggests that Sinha was upset over some personal issues for the last few days,” he added. Times Of India, Hindustan Times
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar