India seal comfortable victory over Bangladesh
ICC Women`s T20 World Cup
Published: 09:13 PM, 24 February 2020 Updated: 09:13 PM, 24 February 2020
Murshida Khatun playing a short
India beat Bangladesh by 18 runs in the ICC Women's T20I World Cup's 6th match at Perth Australia today. Batting first India post 142/6 in 20 overs. In reply, Salma Khatun led- Bangladesh Women's team able to score 124 for the loss of 8 wickets.
Bangladesh’s highest run came from the willow of Nigar Sultana who made 35 off 26 with five fours.
As long as she was in the crease, Bangladesh was in the match for a stunning victory but Nigar was undone by a Rajeshwari Gayakwad delivery.
Poonam, however, showed an intriguing display of googly to wreck-havoc on Bangladesh’s middle order that saw her claimed 3-18 in four overs. She was ably supported by Shikha Pandey and Arundhati Reddy who picked up two wickets apiece.
Opener Murshida Khatun was the other notable scorer for Bangladesh with 30.
Spinner Poonam Yadav claimed three wickets for India. Shikha Pandey and A Reddy bagged two wickets each.
Earlier, Bangladesh captain Salma Khatun won the toss and decided to field. The captain himself brought success to the team in the second over of the innings picking up the wicket of Tanya Bhatia for 2.
India hit back in style through Shafali Verma and Jemimah Rodrigues, who
gave the scoreboard a rapid pace and shared 37-run.
Verma was at her attacking best, hitting 39 off just 17, with two fours and four sixes.
After Panna Ghosh dismissed Verma, Bangladesh started hurling the baton with some quick wickets. They also fielded well and inflicted two run outs including Rodrigues who threatened for a bigger thing. She was out on 34.
After a middle order collapse, India regrouped well at the death overs, thanks to Veda Krishnamurthy who blasted 20 off 9 with four boundaries to help the side propel past 140.
Both Panna and Salma conceded 25 runs in four overs to claim two wickets.
India in their first match beat hosts Australia by 17 runs.
- Hotel owners jailed for disobeying ban order
- Sweeper dies with corona symptoms in Rangpur
- 39 of the 54 new coronavirus patients in Dhaka
- Killer Majed`s death warrant issued
- 3 more die from coronavirus, 54 new infected
- Hajj registration process extended till Apr 16
- Holy Shab-E-Barat tomorrow
- Rain likely, temperature may fall
- New IGP Benazir, Mamun as new RAB DG
- Jahanara’s `8` tips to prevent Coronavirus infection
- Trump threatens WHO
- Police provides foodstuffs to helpless people in Kotalipara
- Fire gutted 10 shops in Tangail
- Coronavirus death toll in India rises to 160
- Coronavirus kills 2,000 in a single day in US
- Lockdown lifted in Wuhan after 76 days
- Adequate stock of salt in country
- Mathbaria under lockdown
- Coronavirus: Death toll tops 82 thousand globally
- Ronaldinho released from prison after 32 days
- James Bond actress Honor Blackman dies
- Death toll exceeds 6,000 in UK
- World witnesses last Pink Superman of the year today
- 1st coronavirus case identified in Tangail
- Death toll exceeds 17000 in Italy
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117