India assures of cooperation to resolve rohingya crisis and Teesta deal
Published: 09:29 PM, 16 June 2019 Updated: 09:41 PM, 16 June 2019
India's new Foreign Minister D S Jayashankar has assured cooperation on Teesta agreement and Rohingya crisis on Bangladesh border.
D S Jayashankar expressed this assurance in a bilateral meeting with Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dr. Abdul Momen held in Dushanbe, Tajikistan on Friday.
The Indian minister agreed on the fact that the way Myanmar government and its’ army has executed torture on the Rohingya people is a hostility. It needs to be stopped, he said. He also mentioned that India is keen to cooperate on the issue of Teesta agreement.
Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dr. Abdul Momen grabbed the attention of the Indian Foreign Minister on seeking the active support and cooperation of India for resolving the Rohingya issue, in the meeting, concluding the much-anticipated Teesta agreement.
While in the meantime, D S Jayashankar assures the necessary cooperation that is reqiured to figure out the problem of Rohingya issue, Teesta agreement and stop deaths at border. He denoted that Narendra Modi's government has shown sensitivity to the development of India's goodwill and relations with neighboring countries.
Bangladesh Foreign Minister Momen stated, "Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has developed bilateral relations to an unprecedented height by resolving long pending unresolved and sensitive issues between their countries through their political wisdom, foresight, mature and commendable leadership, a precedent for other countries of the world.
At this time, he expressed his gratitude to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on behalf of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Indian Foreign Minister D S Jayashankar for the immense victory in the recent Lok Sabha elections of India.
Dr. Momen urges India to participate in celebrating the 100th birth anniversary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in 2020, as well as the celebration 50 years of Bangladesh. D S Jayashankar expressed his desire of visiting Bangladesh.
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- Habits that extremely harmful for liver
- Rain likely to increase, temperature may fall
- Advance train tickets to be sold at 5 spots
- Fire breaks out at CMCH Psychiatry department
- 25 schoolgirls fall sick from laughing too much
- ‘Lion King’ roars as surpassing ‘Avengers’ record
- Ronaldo will not face rape charges
- Critical security flaw found in VLC Player
- Two robbers killed in Sundarbans gunfight
- Large-scale government data hacks in Russia, Bulgaria
- Mehazabien with new story
- Shinzo Abe wins Japan’s upper house poll
- National Public Service Day-2019 today
- Renu lynched in Badda: 2 more held
- Drug peddler killed in Meherpur gunfight
- Suspended ACC director Basir held
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- ‘Child lifters’ rumor: innocence loses life
- Chandrayaan-2: India launches second Moon mission
- WHO to work with DSCC in combating dengue
- Bangladesh U-19 beat England U-19
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- How to get HSC result
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- Minni sent to jail
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Humanity for animal !