ICC World Cup 2019
India To face Pakistan On June 16
Published: 09:10 PM, 24 April 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
India will take on Pakistan in the ICC World Cup 2019 on June 16 at Old Trafford, a BCCI official said on Tuesday. Cut to 10 teams from 14, the World Cup this year will be in the round-robin format where every team which play each other.
At the International Cricket Council (ICC) Chief Executives Meeting here, it was proposed that the big-ticket clash will be in Manchester while India will open their campaign against South Africa on June 5. The recommendation needs to be ratified by the ICC board.
In a bid to maintain the Lodha Committee recommendation, which says a mandatory 15-day gap is required between the Indian Premier League (IPL) final and any international match, the South Africa game was postponed by three days from June 2 to June 5.
The 2019 World Cup will be held in England and Wales from May 30 to July 14.
Meanwhile, it was also decided that India will play a maximum of 309 days of international cricket in this cycle across formats which is a reduction of 92 days from the previous cycle.
The number of home tests will be increased from 15 to 19.
It was also decided that India won`t take part in any Day/Night Test match, which was expected against the West Indies later this year. The reason being, the ICC World Test Championship matches won`t be Day-Night tests.
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- England wins beating Windies
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges