ICC World Cup 2019
India To face Pakistan On June 16
Published: 09:10 PM, 24 April 2018
India will take on Pakistan in the ICC World Cup 2019 on June 16 at Old Trafford, a BCCI official said on Tuesday. Cut to 10 teams from 14, the World Cup this year will be in the round-robin format where every team which play each other.
At the International Cricket Council (ICC) Chief Executives Meeting here, it was proposed that the big-ticket clash will be in Manchester while India will open their campaign against South Africa on June 5. The recommendation needs to be ratified by the ICC board.
In a bid to maintain the Lodha Committee recommendation, which says a mandatory 15-day gap is required between the Indian Premier League (IPL) final and any international match, the South Africa game was postponed by three days from June 2 to June 5.
The 2019 World Cup will be held in England and Wales from May 30 to July 14.
Meanwhile, it was also decided that India will play a maximum of 309 days of international cricket in this cycle across formats which is a reduction of 92 days from the previous cycle.
The number of home tests will be increased from 15 to 19.
It was also decided that India won`t take part in any Day/Night Test match, which was expected against the West Indies later this year. The reason being, the ICC World Test Championship matches won`t be Day-Night tests.
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- UP member held with govt reliefs in Natore
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus