Income tax growth hits 15.60 pc in 5 months
Published: 03:00 PM, 31 December 2017 Updated: 09:20 PM, 3 January 2018
In the first five month period (July-November) of the current fiscal year (2017-18) the National Board of Revenue (NBR) has collected Tk 21,646 crore. Which is 15.60 percent more than the same period of last year.
At the same period of last year, the amount of income tax was Tk 18,725 crore, said NBR member (income tax administration) M Abdur Razzaque.
On the other hand in current fiscal year the submission of individual tax returns also rose by 36 percent during this July-November period compared to the corresponding period of the last fiscal with a total submission of 15,56,616 tax files, he added.
The total submission of individual tax returns during the same period of the last fiscal year was 11,44,497.
M Abdur Razzaque said the taxpayers now feel more encouraged and have been giving more response in paying income tax due to various motivational steps by the NBR side by side uses of ICT and introduction of tax-friendly environment.
`Side by side, the surveillance by the tax administration has also increased compared to the past,` he added.
According to NBR, the overall collection of Taka 21,646 crore income tax during this July-November period also include Taka 453 crore as travel tax, reports BSS.
- Khulna Tigers earn stunning win over Challengers
- Citizenship Bill: Cops open fire in Assam, 3 dead
- Kathbirali gets censor certificate
- Painting contest to mark Bhasani’s birth anniversary
- Indian entrepreneurs urged to invest in Bangladesh
- Britain votes in ‘Brexit election’
- BB new Executive Director Kazi Enayet Hossain
- 1 killed in Munshiganj wall collapse
- Twitter backs overhaul of social media to stem disinformation
- 2 killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Mashrafe focuses on next game
- 1 dies as workers continue hunger strike
- ‘Corruption in education sector will be eliminated’
- ‘No event under open sky on 31st night’
- Wheelchair cricketers eyeing to win title
- PM asks public servants to stay alert about graft, bribery
- Khulna to field against Chattogram
- DC’s gift to freedom fighters door
- Recruitment test of BB Officer General Dec 27
- Rajshahi secures comfortable victory against Dhaka
- 13 arrested over Rooppur pillow scam
- Kumar Bishwajit’s mother passes away
- Foreign Minister’s India visit postponed
- Lawsuits against 135 including Fakhrul-Rizvi
- ASEAN disappointed over Myanmar’s genocide defending speech
- Cough remedy by natural syrup
- Dhaka set 135 for Rajshahi
- Ali Ajgar’s generosity for poor people
- Rain suspends play in Rawalpindi Test
- Appellate Division rejects Khaleda’s bail plea
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Storm over new black hole issue
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe