Income tax growth hits 15.60 pc in 5 months
Published: 03:00 PM, 31 December 2017 Updated: 09:20 PM, 3 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
In the first five month period (July-November) of the current fiscal year (2017-18) the National Board of Revenue (NBR) has collected Tk 21,646 crore. Which is 15.60 percent more than the same period of last year.
At the same period of last year, the amount of income tax was Tk 18,725 crore, said NBR member (income tax administration) M Abdur Razzaque.
On the other hand in current fiscal year the submission of individual tax returns also rose by 36 percent during this July-November period compared to the corresponding period of the last fiscal with a total submission of 15,56,616 tax files, he added.
The total submission of individual tax returns during the same period of the last fiscal year was 11,44,497.
M Abdur Razzaque said the taxpayers now feel more encouraged and have been giving more response in paying income tax due to various motivational steps by the NBR side by side uses of ICT and introduction of tax-friendly environment.
`Side by side, the surveillance by the tax administration has also increased compared to the past,` he added.
According to NBR, the overall collection of Taka 21,646 crore income tax during this July-November period also include Taka 453 crore as travel tax, reports BSS.
- T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
- Man dies of dengue in Mymensingh
- Vegetable vendor dies of dengue in Khulna
- Fish trader killed in Mirpur road crash
- ‘No existence of media owners without journalists’
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Rain may increase gradually in next 72hrs
- Rains lash India`s northern states, kills 30
- Cabinet’s meeting after 7wks
- ‘Allahar Dal’s ameer among 4 ‘militants’ held
- Major General dismissed for sexual harassment
- Massive cyberattack; List of affected websites
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna