‘Income Tax Fair’ kicks off tomorrow
Published: 07:42 PM, 13 November 2019
The 10th edition of the week-long ‘Income Tax Fair’ will begin in the country tomorrow in a bid to create massive awareness among people on tax as well as render tax-related services.
The fair will continue in all the divisional cities including the capital till November 20. The fair in the capital would be held on the Officers’ Club Premises.
The slogan of this edition of the fair is “Sobai Mile Dibo Kor, Desh Hobe Swanirbhor’ while the theme of the fair has been set at “Voluntary participation in paying taxes, implementation of vision is ensured”.
President M Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today issued separate messages on the eve of the week-long income tax fair.
NBR Chairman Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan at a press conference said that the fair will be held in all the district headquarters for four days while for two days in 48 Upazilas.
Besides, a one-day ‘Mobile Income Tax Fair’ will be held at eight growth centers at Upazila-level, he added.
Like the previous years, the taxpayers would get bank booth facilities on the fair premises to submit their tax returns side by side the tax officials would assist them at the designated support centers, the NBR Chairman said, adding, “All income tax-related services will be available under one roof while the taxpayers would only need to bring the necessary papers.”
He informed that the fair would facilitate e-TIN registration and submission of income tax returns, the realization of taxes, providing assistance in filling up tax returns and necessary arrangements for providing training on tax education.
Mosharraf said a website has been launched highlighting all necessary data related to income tax while mobile banking services have also been introduced to pay taxes.
- Myanmar army kills 2 Rohingya pregnant women
- Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
- Myanmar must abide by ICJ orders: Hasan
- Coronavirus can kill 65mn people!
- Valencia beat Setien`s Barcelona 2-0
- Atiqul to announce election manifesto tomorrow
- 1st Bangladeshi woman in US mainstream politics
- Stokes apologized but punished
- ‘Infrastructural developed schools are not good schools’
- PM for worthy citizens through sports
- Recruitment at Epyllion Group
- What thinks Domingo for losing series!
- Youths rich in tech knowledge are the future leader: Palak
- JMB men arrested in Khulna on 10-day remand
- Disabled child died after fallen from the roof
- Death toll climbs 22 in Turkish earthquake
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Xi says China faces `grave situation` as virus toll hits 41
- Horse race held in Mithapukur
- Delta Airlines fined for dropping Muslim paxs
- Gambia Justice Minister praised Bangladesh
- 2 bakers fined TK 6 lakh Jhalokati
- Defendant mobbed over threatening plaintiff
- Election manifesto to be given highest priority
- Housewife killed over dowry dispute, 3 arrested
- Pakistan threats India over World Cup!
- Ranveer Singh denies sexism!
- 5 detained with 102 ltr liquor
- Bangladesh Embassy in China launches ‘hotline’ service
- No bricks in public works
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- Top 5 batsmen in Bangabandhu BPL
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack