India launches air strikes across Kashmir border
Imran Khan calls ‘important meeting’
Published: 01:17 PM, 26 February 2019 Updated: 01:19 PM, 26 February 2019
Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has convened an emergency meeting to review the emerging situation in the wake of the Indian Air Force's (IAF) violation of the Line of Control, Radio Pakistan reported.
Earlier on Tuesday morning, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi had summoned an emergency meeting at the Foreign Office in Islamabad to discuss the security situation with former secretaries and senior ambassadors, according to Radio Pakistan.
Qureshi is expected to brief the media after the meeting with the prime minister wraps up.
In a statement following the LoC violation, Qureshi had warned India not to challenge Pakistan and said that better sense should prevail in Delhi, Radio Pakistan reported.
He said that Pakistan reserves the right to deliver an appropriate response and the right to self-defence.
The foreign minister said the nation should not be worried over the Indian act as the defenders of the country are fully prepared to respond to any misadventure.
Meanwhile, India's Cabinet Committee on Security met at Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s residence in Delhi, Asian News International reported. India's foreign secretary has also issued a statement on the incident.
Early on Tuesday, the Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor confirmed that the IAF had "violated the LoC". He said that as Indian planes had intruded from Muzaffarabad, the Pakistan Air Force "immediately scrambled".
"Indian aircrafts' intrusion across LoC in Muzafarabad sector within Azad Jammu and Kashmir was three to four miles. Under forced hasty withdrawal, aircrafts released payload which had free fall in open area. No infrastructure got hit, no casualties," he added. - Dawn
- British man becomes 1st to fly around the world on a gyrocopter
- Three schoolgirls saved from child marriage
- 15 EC staffs involved in providing NIDs to Rohingyas
- Key EU countries agree on sea migrant redistribution scheme
- Suu Kyi could face trial
- Madrasa student commits suicide in Sunamganj
- Mysterious ‘Sleepy Hollow’ in Kazakhstan village
- One killed in Sherpur clash
- NBR moves to freeze GK Shamim`s bank accounts
- Australia postpone October T20 series
- Bangladesh to play T-10 League
- Facebook to appoint local representatives in Bangladesh
- Onion import begins from Myanmar-Turkey-Egypt
- Taste the delicious ‘Egg Pickle’
- Police raids Fu-Wang Club
- What to do if your credit card is lost
- Tigers` main challenge is to retain skill and mentality
- Bangladesh thru semifinal after 0-0 draw over India
- 35 at wedding party killed during nearby Afghan army raid
- 2 to die for killing housewife in Jhalakati
- Close-up star Liza admitted to hospital
- Students failing in all, won`t able to take part exam
- There is nothing to say like ‘Raghob Boal’: HM
- Israeli president to meet Netanyahu, Gantz
- Silent preparation in JaPa with city polls
- ‘PM left with a strong message at airport’
- Upbeat Tigers eying first T20 trophy
- ‘Militants shuttled regularly as bombs made from here’
- Mallory or Hillary - who really was 1st to climb Everest?
- Probe report against SK Sinha Oct 29
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mehazabien reacted on social media
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Puja Cherry got married!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Ben Ali: The autocrat’s anomie lit-up Arab Spring
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?