India launches air strikes across Kashmir border
Imran Khan calls ‘important meeting’
Published: 01:17 PM, 26 February 2019 Updated: 01:19 PM, 26 February 2019
Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has convened an emergency meeting to review the emerging situation in the wake of the Indian Air Force's (IAF) violation of the Line of Control, Radio Pakistan reported.
Earlier on Tuesday morning, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi had summoned an emergency meeting at the Foreign Office in Islamabad to discuss the security situation with former secretaries and senior ambassadors, according to Radio Pakistan.
Qureshi is expected to brief the media after the meeting with the prime minister wraps up.
In a statement following the LoC violation, Qureshi had warned India not to challenge Pakistan and said that better sense should prevail in Delhi, Radio Pakistan reported.
He said that Pakistan reserves the right to deliver an appropriate response and the right to self-defence.
The foreign minister said the nation should not be worried over the Indian act as the defenders of the country are fully prepared to respond to any misadventure.
Meanwhile, India's Cabinet Committee on Security met at Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s residence in Delhi, Asian News International reported. India's foreign secretary has also issued a statement on the incident.
Early on Tuesday, the Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor confirmed that the IAF had "violated the LoC". He said that as Indian planes had intruded from Muzaffarabad, the Pakistan Air Force "immediately scrambled".
"Indian aircrafts' intrusion across LoC in Muzafarabad sector within Azad Jammu and Kashmir was three to four miles. Under forced hasty withdrawal, aircrafts released payload which had free fall in open area. No infrastructure got hit, no casualties," he added. - Dawn
- RU also denies joining uniform admission test
- President urges BGB to stay alert at borders
- Hearing with using video conference at Information Commission
- Motorcyclist killed in Jhalakati road crash
- DU says not to uniform entry test
- Case against 9 brick kilns of Gaibandha
- Bangladesh restrict India to 142
- Coronavirus: 7 died, 763 infected in South Korea
- Mushfiqur tops Tamim to become leading run-scorer
- Over 80,000 police personnel appointed
- Zimbabwe reeling after Mushfiqur`s 203*
- Bangladesh to field against India
- Bangladesh declare after Mushfiqur`s double ton
- 55 pc work of Elevated Expressway completed
- One to die, 11 get life term for murder in Kushtia
- Dhaka-Sylhet 6-lane work begins in July
- Probe report in BB reserve heist case on March 29
- 9 shops gutted in Chattogram fire
- 16 Turkish fighters killed in Libya
- Donald Trump arrives in India on 2-day visit
- Date of Shab-e-Meraj to be known today
- Mominul departs for 132, Tigers crossed 400
- Sri Lanka opt to bat
- Mahathir Mohamad resigns
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Rain likely at many places
- 3 ACME employees killed in Naogaon road crash
- Bubly will not make any mistakes like Apu: Shakib
- Neymar gets red card in PSG comeback win
- 2 yrs of losing Sridevi, Janhvi remembering mother with best picture
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!