Implementation of ADB-assisted projects reviewed
Published: 08:58 PM, 27 April 2019
The government of Bangladesh and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) on Saturday jointly reviewed the implementation progress of ADB-assisted projects to further improve development results.
Farida Nasreen, Additional Secretary, Economic Relations Division (ERD), and Manmohan Parkash, Country Director, ADB, co-chaired the Tripartite Portfolio Review Meeting (TPRM).
The meeting discussed the status of overall portfolio and prioritized actions to achieve development results timely.
Special emphasis was laid on safeguards, financial management, and gender-related actions, said a press release.
The government’s project executing agencies were briefed about and encouraged to use the new ADB procurement policy approved in 2017.
Around 250 senior government officials, project directors, and ADB staff participated in the first such review meeting in 2019.
“The objectives of the review are further accelerating project implementation through early identification and quick resolution of project issues to help deliver faster development results and better outcomes,” said Country Director Manmohan Parkash.
He said they are encouraged by the record contract awards and disbursements in 2018, and look forward to achieving even better results in 2019.
In 2018, ADB committed highest level of support of $4.8 billion to Bangladesh, with eight sovereign projects totaling $2.2 billion in loans and grants, $16.5 million in technical assistance, and $2.6 billion mobilized in co-financing.
ADB’s current portfolio has 93 loans and grants for 52 projects with over $10 billion under sovereign portfolio.
The ADB focuses its cooperation in Bangladesh on six sectors—energy; transport; water and urban/municipal infrastructure and services; education; finance; and agriculture, natural resources, and rural development.
As of December 31, 2018, ADB’s cumulative lending to Bangladesh stood at around $23 billion for 284 loans, $269 million for 429 technical assistance projects, and $932 million for 44 grants.
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem denied bail, sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held