Illegal expats to return home paying TK 14 thou
Published: 06:50 PM, 18 July 2019
The Malaysian government has given the opportunity to illegal immigrants to return their respective countries paying only RM 700 (14,362 BDT), starting from 1st August until December 31 this year.
This information was given in a statement signed by Malaysian Home Minister Tanisree Mohiuddin Yasin. He warned that strict legal action will be taken against the illegal migrants who have crossed the deadline for returning home.
Under the Immigration Office of Malaysia, the Ministry of Home Affairs (Malaysia) will implement the program called the Illegal Immigrants Program (PATI). The illegal immigrants who will be considered as offender under the Foreign Immigration Act, 1959/63 (Act 155), they will be given the opportunity to return to the country subject to conditions under the PATI program.
According to the statement from the Malaysian Ministry of Home Affairs, the office of the Attorney General of the country approved this program which will run from 1st August until 31st December this year. The foreigners who join this program will have to pay 700 MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). After the payment, they will need to carry travel papers (passports and emergency travel certificates), tickets to return their country within seven days.
According to the statement, the Malaysian Immigration Department will conduct this program fully. There will be no agent or third party affiliation here. To make this program successful, more than 80 counters will be set up by the Immigration Office (JIM).
Malaysian Immigration Office organized a session with representatives of several foreign embassies on July 12. There was a briefing about the program. On 10 July, the immigration office has also held another working session with the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM).
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna