Identity of 39 bodies found in lorry reveled
Published: 06:21 PM, 9 November 2019
British police have released the names and identities of the 39 bodies recovered from a lorry’s refrigerated container in Essex County, UK.
It was reported that all of the victims are Vietnamese nationals aged between 15 and 44. Of them, there were 31 males and the other 8 were female. The bodies of 10 teenagers were also identified, two of them reported 15 years old; news BBC.
British authorities have said they wanted to enter Britain illegally.
The bodies were recovered from a lorry inside the Waterglade Industrial Park area of Grays on October 23 last.
Tim Smith, Assistant Chief Constable of Essex Police said, "Our priority was to identify the deceased, preserve their dignity and help their family members and friends."
The lorry's container which the bodies were recovered from, is believed to have been unloaded in the Purfleet river port in the Thames from Zibruga, Belgium.
Northern Ireland's Maurice Robinson, the driver of the lorry, has been charged with homicide. Harrison, a 22-year-old boy from Dublin, has been arrested by Ireland police under a European arrest warrant. The process to handover the has been started, the BBC said also.
British police are now seeking two brothers, Ronan and Christopher Hugh, from Northern Ireland on charges of homicide and human trafficking.
Vietnamese police from two provinces in the country have arrested 11 people over the incident in Essex.
- Robber killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Bangladesh face Oman tonight
- Tiger squad for Indore test
- Tigers opt to bat in Mominul’s captaincy debut
- China sends five satellites into orbit via single rocket
- Silva banned and fined for Mendy tweet
- Bangladesh will be role model of quality education: Dipu Moni
- Hatia massacre day celebrated in Kurigram
- One dead in suicide bombing at Indonesian police station
- ‘We are ready to face both spin and pace of India’
- Trump impeachment hearings open
- Google’s health care ambitions now involve patient data
- Five SUST admission seekers arrested for cheating
- ASI killed in Cumilla road crash
- Attack on Titas Gas Officers, 4 injured
- Defaulted loans see no rise: Mustafa Kamal
- Abrar’s mother demands capital punishment to all
- Teletalk to be country’s best mobile operator shortly: Jabbar
- Govt on strict position against criminals: PM
- Bangladesh provides multiple entry visas for Nepalese students
- Venice floating in tidal water, killing 2 people
- ‘Politics is for welfare of human beings’
- Pooja Bedi’s intimate photo with boyfriend viral
- 13 dead in Slovakia bus crash
- Beef with cabbage
- PM blames Ziaur Rahman for Rohingya crisis
- DU VC meets MUFG Chief Representative
- 2 detained with 9 gold bars at Benapole
- Teams with new name in Bangabandhu BPL
- Youth’s body recovered from building roof in Wari
- All News »
- Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Dhaka Int’l Folk Fest 19 registration begins
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- Monday’s JSC, JDC exams postponed
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- 345 shelter centers open at Noakhali
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Ram Mandir to be built in Babri Masjid’s land: Indian SC
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- Navy Contingents with 10 warships ready to deal with ‘Bulbul’
- Govt prepared to face ‘Bulbul’: Enamur
- Two dead, 150 homes lost in Australia bushfires
- Tomorrow’s JSC, JDC exams rescheduled
- Tureen Afroz removed from ICT
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’: 10 injured after 7 houses collapsed in Bhola
- MP Moinuddin Khan Badal passes away
- Flight operations suspended at 4 airports
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- Bulbul hits Kolkata, Kills 1
- Body of Badal arrives this evening
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- 9 districts that will come under signal 10
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Gambia files case against Myanmar at UN court
- Tigers face India in 2nd T20I today
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- Dreadful ‘Bulbul’ near Sundarbans