IGP calls for increasing security ahead of Eid
Published: 08:08 PM, 26 May 2019
Inspector General of Police (IGP) Mohammad Javed Patwary on Sunday asked police officers to ensure that the law and order remains normal ahead of the Eid-ul-Fitr holiday.
His directives included ratcheting up security at markets and shopping malls, preventing extortion and not allowing passengers on trucks, pickups and goods-laden vehicles.
Patwary gave the directives through videoconferencing from police headquarters to officers of all metropolitan and ranges.
During the video conference, additional IGPs, commissioners of all metropolitan police and range DIGs, and chiefs of police units in Dhaka and senior police officials were present.
The police chief ordered checking driving license and documents of passenger buses as well as to stop passenger transportation on the bus roof.
He instructed to ensure security to prevent sabotage on railways and stopping overcrowding on the waterways.
He ordered to ensure security at National Eidgah, Sholakia of Kishoreganj, Gur A Shaheed Bara Maidan in Dinajpur and other central Eid Jamaats in the division and district levels.
The IGP also ordered to ensure the security of residential areas, banks and financial institutions, gold shops, among others, during the Eid holidays.
He also directed conducting countrywide special operations for preventing drug smuggling, circulation of counterfeit money and human trafficking as well as to recover illegal weapons.
The IGP instructed to ensure security of important mega projects and increase security at foreign diplomatic missions and establishments and foreign citizens.
During distribution of Zakat, IGP Patwary instructed police to take adequate security measures to avoid any untoward incident.
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- 18 killed, 29 injured in Venezuela road crash
- OC Moazzem handed over to Feni police
- Moazzem to be produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal today
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Shahid says fight with Mira can last 15 days
- Tigers take on WI a must-win WC match
- 5th phase polls in 23 UZs tomorrow
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- Green coconut: a little relief in heat-web
- Plastic product manufacturers for VAT withdrawal
- 6.46 lakh people live in Dhaka slums: Minister in JS
- Kuldeep’s double strike derails Pakistan’s chase
- India posted 336 against Pakistan
- `JP will loud for rights`
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- Class XI admission results published
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- JS budget session begins today
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held