ICC hopes India-Pakistan match to go ahead
Published: 09:52 PM, 25 February 2019 Updated: 10:27 PM, 25 February 2019
The International Cricket Council says there is "no indication" the World Cup match between India and Pakistan in Manchester will not go ahead.
The match on 16 June is in doubt after a Pakistan-based militant group took responsibility for a suicide attack in Indian-administered Kashmir this month.
There have been calls from some Indians for India to boycott the game at Old Trafford.
"We will be monitoring the situation with our members," the ICC said.
"Our thoughts are with everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident.
"Sport, in particular, cricket, has the wonderful ability to bring people together and unite communities and we will work with our members going forward on this basis.
"There is no indication that any matches at the World Cup will not go ahead as planned."
The group game attracted half a million requests for 25,000 tickets.
At least 46 Indian paramilitary police were killed in an attack which has sparked anger and anti-Pakistan protests across India, although Pakistan has denied any involvement.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) had called on the ICC to "sever ties with countries from which terrorism emanates".
On Sunday, India captain Virat Kohli said his team would stand by the decision of their "government and board" over whether to boycott the game.
India have won six consecutive matches against Pakistan in World Cups.
India legend Sachin Tendulkar wrote on Twitter that while it would be painful to lose potential points by not playing Pakistan this summer, he would support the decision of the BCCI.
The situation has also led to the International Olympic Committee suspending applications from India to host future events after two Pakistan athletes were denied visas to compete in the country.
Two shooters were denied entry for a World Cup event in New Delhi.
- German arms export freeze on Saudi Arabia extended
- 6 arrested in Bagha border with Indian citizens
- Argentina court approves hijab!
- Finally suspension order of Zinia withdrawn
- 60 marks exam must to be BCL leaders
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- Tree plantation program held at IU
- Rabab Fatima appointed Bangladesh’s envoy to UN
- Dope test for bus drivers from Dec 1
- Ashura reminds Islam is integral part of the Abrahamic tradition
- CIP cards handover to 182 businessmen
- Bangladesh in Tri-Nation T20 final
- Bangladesh Bank upsurges ADR
- BSEC approves Standard Bank’s bond
- Fire in Liberia’s school kills over 27 children
- ‘Independent supreme court’ of Facebook
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Iran threatens to invade US with all
- Kashmiris night out on trees in raid panic
- Tea: wonderful natural beauty elements
- Vulgar message from Popy`s ID!
- Pakistan refuses Modi’s German flight over land
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Tigers post 175/7 against Zimbabwe
- Solution to disputes with GP, Robi in 3 weeks: FnM
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Marriage in police station after rape: OC Obaidul dismissed
- Ira Khan casts brother Junaid to debut play Medea
- Mehazabien reacted on social media
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Mayaboti’ to release 22 theaters tomorrow
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Jennifer Lopez steals money and shows in ‘Hustlers’
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- ACC director Yusuf’s wife burnt in fire dies