I myself will take all party decisions :Ershad
Published: 10:46 PM, 20 November 2018 Updated: 10:46 PM, 20 November 2018
Jatiya Party Chairman HM Ershad on Tuesday said he will unilaterally finalize his party's candidates for 300 constituencies and also decide it unilaterally whether he will join any alliance.
“I'll finalize the candidates for 300 seats considering the interests of the country, our party and its leaders and activists. I myself will do this job, and no one else has anything to do in this regard. I want to see how many competent Jatiya Party candidates are there in 300 constituencies,” he said.
Ershad, an ex-military ruler, said he will also unilaterally take the decision if his party needs to go with any other alliance in the process of political polarization.
He came up with the remarks while taking interview of his party's nomination hopefuls at a convention Centre in the city's Gulshan area.
Earlier at a meeting of the party presidium members, Ershad was entrusted with all the responsibilities to finalize its candidates.
The party also handed him over 780 nomination forms out of 2865 ones collected by party leaders to contest the 11th parliamentary elections.
Ershad asked his party leaders and activists to return to their respective areas and work for the party. “I'll inform you my decision in due time. I hope you will accept my decision whatever it is.”
He said he is still not a free man as he is facing cases. “No politician suffered more than me. I'm the most ill-fated politician.”
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BEXIMCO buys 8 US FDA products from Sandoz
- `People want continuation of Sheikh Hasina’s leadership`
- PM returns home tomorrow morning
- India reject Pakistan PM`s claims on Kashmir attack
- Masakadza retained as Zimbabwe captain
- Two major UAE firms keen to invest in Bangladesh
- Integrity is our driving force: Yeafesh Osman
- Man Utd knock Chelsea out of FA Cup
- Bernie Sanders runs for president again
- AL chalks out programmes to mark Int’l Mother Language Day
- HC summons editor of Bangladesh Bank’r Itihash
- Fashion designer Lagerfeld dead at 85
- Pakistan warns India against military action
- Injury-hit Bangladesh seek consolation win
- BNP chalks out 2-day programme to mark Feb 21
- Boro rice seedling transplantation nearing completion
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- 7 burnt in Khagrachhari gas cylinder blast
- 69 including drug traders held in Satkhira
- Day temperature may rise by (1-2)°C
- Mystery of ‘Skeleton Lake’!
- Kuddus Boyati hospitalized
- Katrina reveals she wants a boyfriend!
- Biswa Ijtema ends through Akheri Munajat
- World cannot leave us, says Huawei’s founder
- Get ready for Super Snow Moon tonight!
- Google search shows Pakistan flag as ‘best toilet paper’
- 8th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Tomorrow’s SSC exam deferred to March 2
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- Bangladesh set 233-run target for NZ
- Bangladesh faces New Zealand in 1st ODI today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- Robber killed in Jashore gunfight