‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
Published: 09:26 PM, 17 July 2019
A tribunal in Dhaka has framed charges against ex Sonagazi Police Station officer-in-charge Moazzem Hossain accused of spreading videos of Sonagazi Madrasa student Nusrat Jahan Rafi’s video through social media. The charge is formed under Digital Security Act 2018‘s article 26, 29 and 31.
Advocate Nazrul Islam Shamim, who stood for the state, read out the charges brought against the former OC while he claimed himself not guilty saying, “I am innocent.”
The Tribunal fixed July 31 for starting the trial in the case.
The former OC was accused of illegally interrogating madrasa student Nusrat and recording the episode on his phone. The video was later circulated on the social media.
Supreme Court lawyer Syeddul Haque Sumon filed a case against Moazzem under the Digital Security Act on April 15.
Moazzem was withdrawn and later suspended on May 10. A tribunal ordered his arrest on May 27 after investigators found allegations brought against him to be true. He was arrested on June 16 from Shahbagh.
The next day, the Cyber Tribunal rejected his bail plea and sent him to jail.
Moazzem summoned Sonagazi Islamia Senior Fazil Madrasa’s Principal Sirajud Doula and Nusrat to the police station after the latter accused her teacher of sexually harassing her.
The OC interrogated Nusrat in the absence of her lawyer or any other woman. She was crying but the OC paid no heed and kept questioning her using inappropriate language.
Nusrat’s mother had filed a case with Sonagazi police over her daughter’s sexual harassment. On April 6, the girl was set on fire at an exam centre in Sonagaziupazila, by people loyal to SirajUd Doula.
She died on April 10 at Dhaka Medical College and Hospital.
Moazzem was withdrawn the same day and suspended a month later on charge of negligence.
- Australia bowled out for 250
- 231 students` result changes in review
- Protest for free elections in Russia
- Biman’s return Hajj flight lands in Dhaka
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Quader alerts AL men to BNP-Jamaat conspiracies
- BCB announces prelim squad for AFG test, Tri-series
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Cop caught taking bribe day after getting best constable award
- Facebook adds Chakma as 2nd Bangladeshi language
- Fire breaks out Delhi hospital
- Masrafe asks BCB for two months to decide future
- 4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire
- Rawhide sale suspended till Sunday
- Priyanka Chopra reveals Jonas’ bedroom secret
- 1460 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon
- 6 buses fined for charging extra fare
- Soumitra transferred to cabin from ICU
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Kid drowns in Shakhipur
- Smartphone for blood pressure detection
- First return Hajj flight arrives in Dhaka
- Mgst described severe suffering in govt hospital
- Russell Domingo appointed Tigers’ head coach
- Eight killed in Ukraine hotel fire
- No MoU, 2 FMs dialog only
- College student dies of dengue in Magura
- Temperature may rise slightly
- Husband arrested in triple talaq case
- All News »
- Shaykh Muhammad bin Hassan to recite Khutba at Hajj
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- Three movies to be released on Eid
- Heavy rain pours down on Hajj pilgrims at Arafat
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Rabeya opens her eyes, Rokeya still unconscious
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- 2m pilgrims gathered in Arafat
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
- Man. City. Everton to play tonight
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 7 plays of Humayun to be aired on Eid
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC