Humayun urges ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh
Published: 11:23 PM, 25 January 2020
Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun has urged the Thai beverage giant ThaiBev to jointly invest in Bangladesh’s food and beverage sector since it possesses huge potentials of attracting investment.
The visiting Industries Minister made the request while holding a meeting with the high ups of the ThaiBev in Thailand yesterday, said a ministry press release.
ThaiBev managing director Thamnai Rachakorta, vice president Wichita Chindasombatcharoen, Sutech Engineering Company Ltd Chairman Dr Terapol Prukasathorn, President Dr Pit Prukasathorn, Bangladesh Sugar & Food Industries Corporation (BSFIC) Chairman Ajit Kumar pal, Industries Ministry Joint Secretary M Ziaur Rahman Khan, were present, among others on the occasion.
The Industries Minister said a huge number of foreign labour forces are now working in Bangladesh under various projects including mega projects which are leading to speedy flourish of the tourism industry as well as increasing the demand of food and beverage items.
Suggesting the ThaiBev to set up food and beverage industries in Bangladesh making a joint venture with the BSFIC, Humayun said the government would extend all necessary cooperation and policy support in this regard.
The officials of ThaiBev informed that this traditional beverage company had long been investing in the food and beverage industries of Thailand, China, Myanmar, Malaysia, Scotland, Singapore and other countries.
Apart from their alcoholic products, its other non-alcoholic products like water, soda, green tea are also popular and based on their investment experiences in other countries, they want to invest in the food and beverage sector in Bangladesh said the press release.
Later, the Industries Minister witnessed the production process of various ThaiBev items.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks