Humayun Ahmed`s 7th death anniv today
Published: 10:46 AM, 19 July 2019
The country’s renowned literary, film-maker, producer Humayun Ahmed's 7th death anniversary today. On this day (July 19) in 2012, he died in a US hospital.
Humayun Ahmed was born on 13 November 1948 in Mohanganj of Netrakona district. His father's name was Faijur Rahman (Pakistani army killed him in 1971); and mother Ayesha Foyez.
He passed ‘Probeshika’ (Entrance) examination from Bogura Zila School (Second in the merit list in Rajshahi Division) in 1967, HSC from Dhaka College in 1969, and later, he earned a post-graduate degree from Dhaka University.
In 1972, when he was a student of Dhaka University, his first novel 'Nandit Narak' was published. The second novel 'Shankhinil Karagar', published in 1974.
In his life time, there are two hundred books were published. In the professional life, Humayun Ahmed was a teacher. He was a lecturer at the Agriculture University. Later, he joined Dhaka University. He took the writings as the profession and retired from teaching.
The prominent literary has lots of creations, of them; ‘Josna o Jononir Golpo’, ‘Moddyanho’, Himur Ase Jol’, ‘Lilabati’, Horoton Iskapon’, ‘Himur Bababr Kothamala’, ‘Golpo Ponchas’, ‘Ami E Misir Ali’, ‘Himu Rememande’, Mrsir Ali's Chosma’, ‘Dighir Jole Kart Chhayago’, ‘Aj Himur Buiye’, ‘Lilua Batas’, ‘Kichu Shoishob’, ‘Humayun Ahmeder Voutik omnibus,’ ‘Aguner Poroshmoni’, ‘Pap’, ‘71’, ‘Sraban Megher Din’ are noted.
Among his films; ‘Sankhinil Karagar’, ‘Sraban Megher Din’, ‘Dui Duari’, ‘Chandraktha’ and ‘Shyamal Chhaya’ were the most popular across the country.
He has received numerous awards including Ekushey Padak, Bangla Academy Award, Lekhok Shibir Award and Michael Madhusudan Medal for his contributions in literature.
Humayun Ahmed established 'Nuhash Palli' in Gazipur for the promotion of art and culture. To celebrate the day, the devotees and relatives will pay tribute to Humayun Ahmed at the Nuhash Palli. Though he died, his memories and Nuhashpally are attracting people repeatedly.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future