Honey collection becomes popular in Manikganj
Published: 03:16 PM, 2 January 2018 Updated: 03:00 PM, 4 January 2018
Honey collections are becoming popular in Manikganj. Around hundred commercial honey collectors are passing busy time to collect honey from the blooming flowers of mustard in the District.
Everyday honey hunters are gathering at the mustard fields in all seven upazilas of the district with their bee boxes. Farmers from different districts come in the region and collect honey from the field. Honey collection started from last week of November and it will continue up to 2nd week of January.
All of the honey hunters or collectors from outside of the district including Jamalpur, Gazipur, Pabna, Satkhira, Narayanganj, Kushtia and Sirajganj have already started collecting honey from the mustard lands.
Abdul Gafur (56), who came from Sirajganj with his young son, said that their target to collect at least twenty mounds of honey during this winter season.
He said collecting honey is their seasonal profession and they have been collecting honey from Manikganj district for ten years.
Department of Agriculture Extension officials said bees help pollinate flying from flower to flowers which can help increase about 15% production. They expected that about 35 metric tons of honey may be collected from the district in current season.
- PM to induct ‘Gangchil’ tomorrow
- Mahbub Uz Zaman appointed Bangladesh Ambassador to China
- Bangladesh HP beats Sri Lanka
- Convict arrested in Companyganj
- Man killed mother-in-law
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: AG Minister
- Saiful walked 31 days against rumors
- `Pacers need to focus more on fitness`
- 21st Aug: Drive from Bangabandhu Avenue to Sudha Sadan
- 157 schools damaged in Tangail flood
- AL pays homage to Aug 21 grenade attack victims
- Record 11.23-lakh tons maize produced in Rangpur
- Eunuchs sought punishment for in-community others
- Bangladesh mission in Delhi pay tributes to Aug 21 attack victims
- NZ women cricket’s same-sex couple expecting first child
- Mistrust, new conditions threaten to derail Rohingya repatriation
- Child rape accused held in Jhenaidah
- “Appeal hearing to start this year”
- 2 get life term for killing two Bangladeshis
- Now OC Moazzem seeks bail in HC
- Light to moderate rain likely
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Refuse immoral proposal, principal locks teacher in bathroom
- Over 2,300 tigers killed and trafficked this century
- Nightguard’s slit-throat body found in Fatullah
- AL’s programs on anniv of grenade attack
- 6 Indian soldiers killed as Pakistan Army responds to LoC firing
- Newly-wed couple found hanging with same rope
- Nayak Raj’s two years of departure
- 1st dual security key launches with Lightning and USB-C
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again