Holy Eid-e-Miladunnabi tomorrow
Published: 11:09 PM, 9 November 2019 Updated: 11:09 PM, 9 November 2019
The country is set to observe the holy Eid-e-Miladunnabi tomorrow, marking the anniversary of birth and demise of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be upon Him) amid massive religious festivity and fervor.
Different government and non-government organizations, including the Islamic Foundation (IF), have chalked out elaborate programs to mark the day.
President M Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina issued separate messages greeting the countrymen and the Muslims across the globe on this occasion.
In separate messages, they sought eternal blessings for the people’s welfare alongside peace and harmony in the country and elsewhere in the world.
In his message, the President said the Eid-e-Miladunnabi is a holy and glorious day for the world’s people, especially for the Muslims.
“Almighty Allah had sent Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) as the Marcy for the whole universe. He was revealed in the world as the ‘Sirajam Munira’ (illuminated lamp),” Hamid said.
May the ideals of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) enlighten the lives of all and be their guidance.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, in her message, said the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had emerged as the emancipator and rescuer in the world of sin, oppression, falsehood, superstition and anarchy.
“I firmly believe that there is endless welfare, success and peace for the Muslims in following the ideals of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH),” she added.
Islamic Foundation (IF) has taken a fortnight program at the Baitul Mukarram National Mosque in the city on the occasion of the Eid-e-Miladunnabi, said an IF press release here today.
The programs include religious sermons, seminars, the exhibition of Islamic calligraphy and posters based on the life of the Prophet (PBUH), Islamic cultural competitions, the publication of a special souvenir and supplementary in daily newspapers and recitation of the holy Quran and poems on him, the release said.
According to the release, a month-long Islamic book fair is being organized on the mosque premises to mark the birth and death anniversary of the last and final Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH).
Religious Affairs Secretary Md Anisur Rahman inaugurated the IF’s 15-day programs at Baitul Mukarram National Mosque as the chief guest today.
Besides, seminars and discussions highlighting the life and works of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) will be held at 64 districts and divisional offices of the Islamic Foundation, 50 Islamic Mission Centers, seven Imam Training Centers and 550 upazila or zone model resources centers across the country.
Islamic cultural competition also will be organized for the school and Madrasah students across the country.
Bangladesh Television (BTV) and Bangladesh Radio will broadcast special programs highlighting the importance of the day.
- Rogue "Bin Laden" elephant that killed 5 caught in Assam
- Jaya-Prosenjit new journey started with ‘Robibar’
- Take steps to protect cyclone shield Sundarbans: TIB
- Hope’s ton helps West Indies whitewash Afghanistan
- PM to hand over National Film Awards on Dec 8
- Dhaka welcomes Gambia for suing Myanmar
- Greater Sydney faces ‘catastrophic’ bushfire threat
- 128 new dengue patients hospitalised in 24 hrs
- BD U-19 team beat Sri Lanka by 5 wickets
- Bangladesh reaches Indore to play Test series
- Govt working to establish digital one-stop centers: Tajul
- PKSF Development Fair to kick off Thursday in Capital
- Politics not a profession to make money: President
- Wear saree in winter and stay warm
- Bangla Bond debuts on London Stock Exchange
- Student crushed under train in Thakurgaon
- A single bad work can spoil 10 good works: Quader
- Shakib faces loss about crore Tk due to Bulbul
- Imran becomes new Bangladesh HC to India
- Bolivia President Evo Morales resigns
- Gambia files case against Myanmar at UN court
- Lata Mangeshkar admitted to ICU
- 12 injured as two trains collide in Hyderabad
- Laborer killed in road accident
- No Shakib in ICC T20 ranking
- German FM warns Iran over nuclear deal
- Top five in T20I series
- Councillor Rajib placed on 4-day fresh remand
- Police constable killed as human hauler hits motorcycle
- Rohingyas threat to national, regional security: PM
- All News »
- Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- What’s Tahsan doing now?
- Dhaka Int’l Folk Fest 19 registration begins
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ heads towards Bangladesh
- Tahsan’s realize after 7yrs
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- ‘Construction work of Bangabandhu Railway Bridge from 2020’
- Runa Laila to sing on the historic match day of Bangladesh-India
- Monday’s JSC, JDC exams postponed
- Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool to play tonight
- Bijori Barkatullah in title role
- Voter registration for expats starts today
- McDonald’s CEO fired after dating employee
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- `Bulbul` crossing over Khulna coastal area
- Happy Birthday ‘Playback Emperor’
- Sadeque Hossain Khoka passes away
- Gunmen attack Thailand security post, kills 15
- 345 shelter centers open at Noakhali
- Govt prepared to face ‘Bulbul’: Enamur
- Rifat murder: Bail plea of two dropped from hearing list
- Flight operations suspended at 4 airports
- Bulbul weakens gradually
- Bulbul likely to cross Bangladesh Sunday morning
- Ram Mandir to be built in Babri Masjid’s land: Indian SC
- Al-Baghdadi’s sister, five children captured
- Tomorrow’s JSC, JDC exams rescheduled
- Ronaldo’s ‘hairdresser’ stabbed dead in hotel
- Navy Contingents with 10 warships ready to deal with ‘Bulbul’
- MP Moinuddin Khan Badal passes away