Holy Eid al-Adha on Aug 12!
Published: 06:58 PM, 9 June 2019 Updated: 07:16 PM, 9 June 2019
In the Middle East countries, the moon of Zil-Hajj can be seen on August 1. As it is, Eid al-Adha may celebrate on August 11.
International Astronomical Center (IAC) of Abu Dhabi informed this.
Mainly, the Eid al-Adha is celebrating the Southeast Asian countries including Bangladesh in next day of celebrating the Eid in Middle East countries. As it is, Eid al-Adha in Bangladesh can be celebrated on August 12.
“This year, there will be no problem showing Zil-Hajj’s moon,” told IAC director Md. Shawkat to UAE-based news agency Khaleej Times adding, “The moon can easily be seen in the Arab countries.”
Like every year, Saudi Arabia will announce the sight of the moon of Zil-Hajj. Other Muslim countries will start the Hajj season by approving the moon sight.
The mooon of Zil-Hajj can be seen on August 1 in most parts of the Middle East including Saudi Arabia, he also said.
The same view gave the Arab Union for Space and Astronomical Science (AUSAS) member Ibrahim Al Jarwan. “It is expected that on August 1, the moon of Zil-Hajj will be seen and the Hajj season will start,” he said.
Last year, the Zil-Hajj moon was observed in the Middle East on August 12 and Eid al-Adha was celebrated on August 21. Eid al-Adha in Bangladesh was celebrated on August 22.
- NSTU’s teacher Dr. Firoz Ahmed, wife contracted COVID-19
- Veteran Indian film director Basu Chatterjee dies
- Chandpur reports 19 fresh COVID-19 cases
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Libya killings: RAB arrested 2 more human traffickers in Gopalgan
- Horrific knife attack at Chinese primary school, 41 injured
- Workers’ trimming from Jun: BGMEA president
- PM places three proposals for durable use of aquatic sources
- ‘BNP making a regular complaint against govt’
- Trade thru Sonamasjid resumes
- Faridpur reports 30 more COVID-19 cases
- Policeman killed in road crash
- Biman cancels domestic flights till Saturday
- 2,423 new infected, 35 die in 24 hours
- India records highest deaths, infections in a day
- Two motorcyclists crushed by bus at Bangla Motor
- War-plagued Yemen goes wrecked in two epidemics
- Countrymen to witness different ‘Lunar eclipse’ tomorrow
- Mannan becomes Secretary of Health Service Division
- Yoga to relieve constipation
- Two more trains operational from today
- Veteran Bollywood lyricist Anwar Sagar dies
- WHO resumes hydroxychloroquine study for COVID-19
- Rain likely in many places including the capital
- Brazil records highest 27,312 daily coronavirus cases again
- Wife-children did not near to deceased in fear of coronavirus
- George Floyd had coronavirus
- Businessman died of coronavirus in Feni
- Hearing on writ against public transport fare-hike today
- Spain recorded one coronavirus death in four days
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO