Holidaymakers suffer in train schedule catastrophe
Published: 11:44 AM, 10 August 2019 Updated: 01:02 PM, 10 August 2019
Rail authorities have not been able to overcome the schedule catastrophe after the incident of ‘Sundarban Express’ train derailment in Tangail on Friday. As a result, almost all the trains will depart late from Kamalapur on Saturday. The trains will depart for the destination by delaying one hour to more than eight hours late.
While visiting the Kamalapur station on Saturday and talking with the concerned people, it is seen that the homebound people have been suffering due to the late departure of trains.
“The Rajshahi bound 769no of ‘Dhumketu Express’ will leave Kamalapur at around 1:00 pm instead of leaving 6:00 am,” said Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman, Public Relations Office Director of Railway.
The 726no of ‘Sunderbans Express’ train leaves Kamalapur at 11:30 pm by delaying for five hours. The 765no of ‘Nilsagar Exxpress’ train has been given a possible time to leave at 4:00 pm instead of leaving 8:00 am. The 771no of ‘Rangpur Express’ train will depart for the destination at 8:00 pm by delaying for 8 hours.
The Lalmonirhat Eid Special Train will leave at 7:15 pm by delaying for 10 hours. In addition, some trains to the western region will be delayed for an hour.
- JU admission test starts Sunday
- Murder accused killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president on 10-day remand
- Bus supervisor killed in Natore road crash
- Bangladesh opt to field
- Cops look for burqa woman taking Minni’s photos!
- Bangladesh starts U-18 SAFF championship with win
- Fairytale’s Hiramon
- Talks with Cameron: Suu Kyi lies over Rohingyas’ identity
- Minni’s trip to Dhaka Saturday
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?