Historic March 7 tomorrow
Published: 02:53 PM, 6 March 2019 Updated: 04:51 PM, 6 March 2019
Tomorrow is 7th March, the historic day of Father of the Nation’s speech what played the important role to make the nation united to attain the ever desired liberation in 1971. The nation is set to observe the day in a befitting manner commemorating the landmark speech by Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
On March 7 in 1971, the great leader Sheikh Mujib, the architect of independent Bangladesh, in his historic address at a mammoth rally at the then Race Course (now Suhrawardy Udyan), directed the freedom-loving Bangalees for waging a decisive struggle against the then Pakistan occupation forces.
“Ebarer sangram amader muktir sangram, ebarer sangram swadhinatar sangram (The struggle this time is a struggle for emancipation, the struggle this
time is a struggle for independence)”, Bangabandhu declared in a thunderous voice at the rally.
“Turn every house into a fortress, resist the enemy with everything you have … Having mastered the lesson of sacrifice, we shall give more blood. God willing [Inshallah], we shall free the people of this land,” Bangabandhu also said in his speech.
The speech inspired the Bengalees to prepare for a war of independence.
The Liberation War began 18 days later, when the Pakistan Army launched “Operation Searchlight” against unarmed Bangalee civilians, intellectuals, students, politicians, and armed personnel.
On October 30 in 2017, the UNESCO has recognized the historic speech as a part of the world’s documentary heritage.
It has been included in the Memory of the World International Register, a list of world’s important documentary heritage maintained by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
To mark the day, different socio-cultural and political organizations, student and professional bodies have chalked out elaborate programs including laying wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu and holding discussions and rallies.
The ruling Awami League has also drawn up different programs to observe the day.
The party will hoist national and party flags atop the Bangabandhu Bhaban and party offices and place wreaths at Bangabandhu’s portrait on the Bangabandhu Bhaban premises at Dhanmondi in the morning tomorrow.
A discussion will be arranged at the Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC) auditorium at 3pm on the day.
Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will chair the discussion while Party leaders and distinguished personalities will address it.
Awami League and associated bodies will also organize rallies highlighting the significance of the day in all wards, unions, municipalities, upazilas and districts as the Bangabandhu’s March 7 speech would be played by loudspeaker.
The Bangladesh Betar and Bangladesh Television, as well as private television channels and radio stations, will air special programs while national dailies will bring out special supplements marking the auspicious occasion.
- British man becomes 1st to fly around the world on a gyrocopter
- Three schoolgirls saved from child marriage
- 15 EC staffs involved in providing NIDs to Rohingyas
- Key EU countries agree on sea migrant redistribution scheme
- Suu Kyi could face trial
- Madrasa student commits suicide in Sunamganj
- Mysterious ‘Sleepy Hollow’ in Kazakhstan village
- One killed in Sherpur clash
- NBR moves to freeze GK Shamim`s bank accounts
- Australia postpone October T20 series
- Bangladesh to play T-10 League
- Facebook to appoint local representatives in Bangladesh
- Onion import begins from Myanmar-Turkey-Egypt
- Taste the delicious ‘Egg Pickle’
- Police raids Fu-Wang Club
- What to do if your credit card is lost
- Tigers` main challenge is to retain skill and mentality
- Bangladesh thru semifinal after 0-0 draw over India
- 35 at wedding party killed during nearby Afghan army raid
- 2 to die for killing housewife in Jhalakati
- Close-up star Liza admitted to hospital
- Students failing in all, won`t able to take part exam
- There is nothing to say like ‘Raghob Boal’: HM
- Israeli president to meet Netanyahu, Gantz
- Silent preparation in JaPa with city polls
- ‘PM left with a strong message at airport’
- Upbeat Tigers eying first T20 trophy
- ‘Militants shuttled regularly as bombs made from here’
- Mallory or Hillary - who really was 1st to climb Everest?
- Probe report against SK Sinha Oct 29
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mehazabien reacted on social media
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Puja Cherry got married!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Ben Ali: The autocrat’s anomie lit-up Arab Spring
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?