Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
Published: 08:21 PM, 19 June 2019 Updated: 08:22 PM, 19 June 2019
Since the beginning of the Asharh month, the Hilsa fish is being caught in different estuarine water near the sea and Padma-Meghna Rivers plentifully. Fisherman are happy in this. In the fish-houses of Chandpur have become crowded.
Every day there is an average 300 to 400 mount of Hilsa fish are sold in the biggest station fish Ghat of Chandpur town. Smiles bloomed on the faces of the fishermen and traders in this. Some of the local Hilsha traders said that for three-four days, many Hilsa fish have been being caught in different areas of Barisal, Bhola, Hatiya, Sandwip and Char Fasson in the coastal areas along the Meghna coast. These hilsa are coming directly from the Fishermen bring this Hilsa directly to the Chandpur fish ghat. The price of Hilsa is now available to buyers.
It is learnt walking around the market in the area, Hilsa of Padma and Meghna weighing one and a half kilogram of are being sold at tk Tk. 1,600 maximum while one kilo Hilsa costs Tk. 1,200 at best. And Hilsa weighting 800 to 900 grams are being sold at Tk 800 to 900 and weighing 500 to 600 grams Hilsa is sold at Tk 600 to Tk 700.
Hilsha merchant Nasser Ali said the traders were waiting for the Hilsa after donating (pay earlier) huge money to fishermen. The fishermen are taking these Hilsa from the southern seas. Hilsa supply was very low about month and a half months ago. But a lot of hilsa have been being caught for a few days. They are happy.
Malik Khandaker, former president of Fisheries Association, said, “This is the high season of the Hilsa. Every day, about 300 to 400 mounts of Hilsa fish is coming to the Ghat.
Chandpur District Fisheries Officer Asadul Bad said, “Most of the Hilsa are being collected in Chandpur fish ghat are caught in Padma and Meghna rivers of Chandpur region. Because, the flow of water in the river increased. So Hilsa is available in some areas. But outside of the local, the Hilsa started coming from southern region.” In a few days, more Hilsa would be caught in the fishing net, he also said.
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN