Hesson on shortlist for Tigers head coach
Published: 04:58 PM, 8 August 2019
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has made a shortlist containing 5 members which prefer Mike Hesson to be the senior team coach of Bangladesh cricket team according to ESPNcricinfo.
This shortlists included Mike Hesson (New Zealand), Russell Domingo (South Africa), Paul Farbrace (England), Grant Flower (Zimbabwe), and former Bangladesh coach Chandika Hathurusingha (Sri Lanka).
It is less than a month away for Bangladesh to be held one match test against Afghanistan and BCB tries to appoint new head coach in the national squad before the certain test match.
Mike Hesson, former New Zealand coach, is the most preferred to BCB to become the head coach as BCB president Nazmul Hassan and some directors expressing interest.
The board also talked two times with Andy Flower but he declined the offer. As India, Pakistan and Afghanistan are also looking for a head coach, BCB has to compete with other subcontinent boards.
The Bangladesh former coach, from 2014 to 2017, Hathurusingha is being mentioned to be a favorite of the BCB president and a few directors who quit his job in October 2017. Ongoing issues between Hathurusingha and Sri Lanka Cricket which led his suspension this week is also noticeable to BCB over his prospects. The board will conduct a telephone interview with Hathurusingha.
The former England assistant coach Paul Farbrace also has been enlisted though he had declined the board’s offer in March last year. Former Pakistan’s batting coach Grant Flower is also in the list.
However, Domingo was in duty for South Africa from 2013 to 2016, has already done his interview with the BCB in Dhaka on Thursday. BCB was impressed with Domingo’s presentation.
Jalal Yunus, chairman of BCB’s media committee, said, “We have started working with our shortlisted coaches. We have just conducted an interview with Russell Domingo, the former South Africa coach. He is a real professional. He is well qualified. He gave us a presentation about what he thinks about Bangladesh cricket. It was satisfying for the BCB.”
“We will interview the rest of the coaches on our shortlist. We have two more to interview in the next few days, and then we will choose between these coaches,” Mr Yunus said it in his statement.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing